Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus on OS X 10.4.8 running on VM  (Read 7674 times)

ssamayoa

Lazarus on OS X 10.4.8 running on VM
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:54:44 pm »
A few months ago I installed Mac OS X 10.4.8 (JaS SS2 SS3) on VMWare just for fun.

Now I'm thinking seriusly on developing Mac OS applications and want to test Lazarus on it.

1. It seems that this URL contains the most up-to-date instructions:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/OS_X_Programming_Tips

Isn't?

2. Where can I get X11 for this OS version? The disk image I have doesnt haves X11 (8)) . May be in the XCode Tools 2.5 DVD? BTW I'm downloading it rigth now.

Regards.

Phil

Re: Lazarus on OS X 10.4.8 running on VM
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 02:01:27 am »
Quote from: "ssamayoa"
2. Where can I get X11 for this OS version? The disk image I have doesnt haves X11 (8)) . May be in the XCode Tools 2.5 DVD? BTW I'm downloading it rigth now.

X11 is on the Tiger (10.4) "Install DVD", which includes Xcode 2. However, you can download more recent versions of X11 and Xcode from Apple. I have X11 1.1.3 and Xcode 2.4.1 on my 10.4 system.

Thanks.

-Phil

duncanparsons

RE: Re: Lazarus on OS X 10.4.8 running on VM
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:37:16 am »
If you installed using JaS, X11 was an install option. Insert the DVD on a running appliance and you should be able to patch it in (as I recall).

Out of interest, did you get networking to work? I've tried and tried with JaS 10.4.8 to get it going, but always failed - tried both Maxxuss kexts, all manner of ifconfigs posted around the net... I'm now using a prebuilt 10.4.10 which has networking already working, and am about to get gtk via Fink and finally get Lazarus on an OSXVM :)

DSP

ssamayoa

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:06:41 pm »

If you installed using JaS, X11 was an install option. Insert the DVD on a running appliance and you should be able to patch it in (as I recall).

I found it on /System/Installation/Packages.

Out of interest, did you get networking to work?

Yes, NAT and bridged. I'm using VMWare Server 1.0.1 on Windows XP SP2.

To get access to the internet I set static IP address using bridged connection. Check which LAN card is associated with the bridged inerface (VWNet0 by default).

and am about to get gtk via Fink and finally get Lazarus on an OSXVM

Well, I got it and run apt-get but passwd failed to install which makes *-shlibs to fail. The root of the problem is that passwd.postinst calls a command called update-passwd which doesnt exists.

Some help here appreciated.

Regards.

ssamayoa

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 12:37:11 am »
UPDATE:

I installed Fink (stupid me, I didn't executed pathsetup.sh! - And I allways said to everybody RTFM!) and get gtk and gdk-pxbuf.

I converted XCode 2.5 dmg to ISO and mount in my VM (My MacOS disk is small) and try just installing DeveloperTools.pkg. The instalation failed   varios times (I figure out and try some things but nothing works). I finally decide to install ALL XCode (2.6 Gb!) which took almost 2 hours to install in the VM (The MacOS disk resides on external USB attached IDE disk) and finally get FPC & lazarus installed.

Regards.

ssamayoa

Lazarus on OS X 10.4.8 running on VM
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 03:43:10 am »
FOLLOW UP:

Installed ZeosLib 6.6.2-RC2 with really minor changes (remove of libc unit from uses clause on 2 or 3 sources), Installed Firebird 2.0.3 CS, made a link to fb client library then connect to firebird server running on host computer.

Regards.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018