Recent

Author Topic: Can someone explain how to install the fpspreadsheet packages in Lazaus 1.8.0?  (Read 1795 times)

dodgebros

I have read this ( https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPSpreadsheet#Installation ) but I am not able to get this packages to installed.

Can someone go over in detail how to install the fpspreadsheet packages?

Because I am not sure I downloaded the correct packages where do I need to go to download the fpspreadsheet packages? 

Sorry for all of the questions but I need help with this please.
Thanks,
TD

wp

Laz 1.8.0 is a bit outdated. Does it have the Online-Package-Manager (OPM) on-board? You find it in menu "Package" at the bottom. Please report back if you don't have it, I'll give you instructions how to install it then.

After you opened the Online-Package-Manager, scroll down until you see the entry "FPSpreadsheet", check it and click "Install" - that's all. During the installation you must confirm to rebuild the IDE, and after a while the IDE restarts and you have the spreadsheet components on the palette.

I should note that the OPM version is not up to date with the current development version, but since there is not much activity here at the moment the differences are not too big.

dodgebros

Thank you wp for replying.  Under Package, Install/UnInstall Packages, I was able to install OnlinePackageManager 1.0 and from there I now have fpspreadsheet installed.  That is an awesome tool to know about.

Thank you again for your help!
TD

TinyPortal © 2005-2018