Recent

Author Topic: [Close] Need help to choice Frameworks compatible SOAP  (Read 1345 times)

TheLastCayen

[Close] Need help to choice Frameworks compatible SOAP
« on: March 23, 2020, 04:46:30 am »
Hi,

I am used to developing web app with PHP and, sadly, Django(Pyton). My next project is for my company so I can choose the language I want:) Since I love Lazarus, I really want to try the cgi but I need your help to find a Frameworks that will suit my needs.

My needs are:
  • Paypal integration (The HTML seem really simple but I am worried about receiving the answer from the SOAP api)
  • Connecting to a database (Already know how to do it with FPC)
  • Executing external command (Already know how to do it with FPC)
  • Hosting with NGINX (preferred but not mandatory)
  • Something that generates the CSS (Would be a huge bonus if possible otherwise I will do it manually and swear a lot because CSS)

That web app is really simple. The user log or create an account and can add credit to his account using paypal. If there is enough credit, the user can push a button who deduct the money from the user account and run a process on the server-side. To resume, I am making a web interface to operate a database and a command-line software. It will charge a small amount per software run.

What do you guys recommend?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:04:45 pm by TheLastCayen »

nouzi

My English is  bad
Lazarus last version free pascal last version
Lazarus trunk  free pascal trunk 
System : Linux mint  64bit  Windows 7 64bit

avra

• Additional info
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

TheLastCayen

Re: Need help to choice Frameworks compatible SOAP
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 08:49:27 pm »
Thx for your replys.

The SOAP part will be really helpful.

I already took a look at the CGI wiki and even if the information is useful, there is no side by side comparison. All of the frameworks seem good and I am pretty sure all also have negative points event if they are not advertised on the main page. It's kind of hard to make a choice when you just starting something and don't have a clear comparative.  this is why I am asking you guys. With your experience, for the kind of project, what do you recommend?

Thank you

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 09:25:50 pm »
I forgot to say that PayPal integration can also be found in TMS FNC Cloud Pack:
https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfnccloudpack.asp
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

TheLastCayen

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 08:04:22 pm »
Thank you, everyone, who answers. I am using Lazarus for a long time now and I will keep using it. I am surprised to see how dead the community seems to be for web development :( I am really worried about what will happen if I use one of the Frameworks and hit an issue. I have been burnt by a python framework in the past.

The infrastructure for my software is now ready and I need to go forward. Since my original question is not answer, I will use what I know, what I am sure I will receive support if something goes sideways...I will use PHP.  I will wait a few years before I give Lazarus another chance for web development. Hopefully, by then, the community will have grow:)

Thank's again Avra and nouzi for your time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018