Recent

Author Topic: LAMW, emulation, real models, Android and API versions  (Read 925 times)

process_1

LAMW, emulation, real models, Android and API versions
« on: August 01, 2020, 08:22:12 pm »
As subject pointed, how to know what phones are supported, as in info for all phones is nothing than major version od Android, which is currently mainly 9?

As well, is it somewhere possible to see exactly what is the difference between API version and what exacltly is supported currently with LAMW?

As well what emulators are supported with?

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: LAMW, emulation, real models, Android and API versions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 08:56:50 pm »
I successfully created some demos using LAMW on Asus Zenfone 2 Intel Atom Android 5 and Redmi 4x ARM Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 Android 7 in the past. I now don't do Android programming.

how to know what phones are supported

I checked it by comparing the Android version installed by default on the phone and the API level l was going to use on LAMW. Here is the list of API levels and Android versions:

https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platforms

is it somewhere possible to see exactly what is the difference between API version and what exacltly is supported currently with LAMW?

For the difference between API levels, see the link I gave above.
For what APIs are currently supported, can be seen/chose on the LAMW API configuration.

As well what emulators are supported with?

Sorry, I cannot help. I tested the apps directly on my phone. Emulators were too slow. I heard Bluestack is better, but I haven't tried it.

Note:
LAMW is simply a tool to combine Lazarus binary with Android tools. You will get more useful information by reading or doing research on Android documentation. Google provides a well-documented massive information about Android programming.

https://developer.android.com/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:03:47 pm by Handoko »

process_1

Re: LAMW, emulation, real models, Android and API versions
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 09:02:12 pm »
Thank you very much, Handoko, this is great help!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018