Forum > Unix

TFont Full path

(1/2) > >>

CanineQwer:
I have TFont.
How to get the full path to the font storage location?
Now I take TFont.Name and use it on the command line along with "fc-list" and "grep".
Please suggest a better solution.

*Linux.

wp:
There is no cross-platform solution. In TAChart, I use this code:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure PopulateFontDirList(AList: TStrings);const  CSIDL_FONTS = 20;var  s: String;begin  if AList = nil then    raise Exception.Create('PopulateFontDirList: list not allocated.');  {$IFDEF WINDOWS}  s := SHGetFolderPathUTF8(CSIDL_FONTS);  if s <> '' then    AList.Add(s); {$ENDIF} {$IFDEF linux}  AList.Add('/usr/share/cups/fonts/');  AList.Add('/usr/share/fonts/truetype/');  AList.Add('/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/');  AList.Add(GetUserDir + '.fonts/'); {$ENDIF} {$IFDEF LCLCarbon}  AList.Add('/Library/Fonts/');  AList.Add('/System/Library/Fonts/');  AList.Add('/Network/Library/Fonts/');  AList.Add('~/Library/Fonts/'); {$ENDIF} {$IFDEF LCLCocoa}  AList.Add('/Library/Fonts/');  AList.Add('/System/Library/Fonts/');  AList.Add('/Network/Library/Fonts/');  AList.Add('~/Library/Fonts/'); {$ENDIF}end; 

CanineQwer:
I do not need cross-platform.
I specifically need Linux.
It is possible and specifically GTK.

winni:
Hi!

For what reasons do you need the path to the font files?

The is the var screen.fonts which is a list of all fonts that Lazarus knows.

And for assigning a font to a component you dont need the path:

MyComponent.Font.Name := 'Arial' ;

Winni

CanineQwer:
I know that to use a font, the path is optional.
But I need a font file to transfer it to other people.
So just searching for it manually, as @wp suggested?
Is this the best solution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version