Forum > Packages and Libraries

Turbopower Software Turbo Professional

(1/4) > >>

tbarnettsgf:
Has the Turbopower software package Turbo Professional 5.22 been ported for Lazarus?  I have an old program that is still in use that I need to get data out of.  I need the tpdos unit right now.  Any help would be appreciated.

Handoko:
Did you mean TurboPower FlashFiler? It is already supported by Lazarus/FPC:

https://wiki.freepascal.org/Databases

eljo:
as far as I know no one has ported async pro to lcl. If your project is windows only, you might be able to do a dirty port in a weekend if you need linux macos etc then a better bet would be the CLX version since it already has the linux support build in but you might suffer from "backward  compatibility" breakage on the kernel level.

tbarnettsgf:
Thanks very much for the responses.  There was a product called Turbo Professional that took over many of the built in Turbo Pascal functions.  It was called Turbo Professional.  i owned that product.  Unfortunately I was only provided the compiled "tpu" files and not the source.  It has some functions that if I recall correctly did data file block sizes on the fly both write and read.  It's been quite a while.  Anyway I have a bunch of data stored with those strategies.  I'd like to recover that data for a new purpose.  Again thx for the responses..  Tom

eljo:

--- Quote from: tbarnettsgf on March 20, 2020, 10:13:38 pm ---Thanks very much for the responses.  There was a product called Turbo Professional that took over many of the built in Turbo Pascal functions.  It was called Turbo Professional.  i owned that product.  Unfortunately I was only provided the compiled "tpu" files and not the source.  It has some functions that if I recall correctly did data file block sizes on the fly both write and read.  It's been quite a while.  Anyway I have a bunch of data stored with those strategies.  I'd like to recover that data for a new purpose.  Again thx for the responses..  Tom

--- End quote ---
you will have to be a bit more specific on the framework it self ee which was the publisher the purpose etc. Its obvious that I have no idea what this library is or how to help but if you provide some info on what it did or how you used along with some sample data files I might be able to help you retrieve the data.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version