Recent

Author Topic: Embedded designer  (Read 23317 times)

AFFRIZA 亜風実

Re: Embedded designer
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2020, 01:43:58 pm »
Hi Dio Affriza.

From what I could read in the forum, I can say that JuhaManninen is a very correct and respectful person of others. I don't think he turned directly to you. Also note that he is very committed to maintaining the development of Lazarus. From the way you write, I think you, like me, are not native English speakers. Keep in mind that it can be very easy to misunderstand especially the world when writing in a foreign language.   

Da quello che ho potuto leggere nel forum, posso affermare che JuhaManninen è una persona molto corretta e rispettosa degli altri. Non credo si rivolgesse direttamente a te. Tieni inoltre conto che è molto impegnato nel mantenere lo sviluppo di Lazarus. Da come scrivi credo che tu, come me, non sia madrelingua inglese. Inoltre considera che può essere molto facile fraintendersi in particolar mondo quando si scrive in una lingua straniera.   

Otto.
Okay, I will calm down now.

Do that backport, whatever lah, I won't send any comments anymore.
Discussing a license about CT is a totally waste a time, what the heck I am thinking. If I do this to their forum, I really get banned because of their nature.

Better I trying to fix some projects that I've been abandoned for months or checking that Sparta package in the current trunk version (I don't know why it always fails to perform SVN Checkout in the FPCUpDeluxe).
Kyoukai Framework: https://github.com/afuriza/kyoukai_framework

Dukung kemerdekaan Donetsk dan Lugansk! Tidak membalas profil berbendera biru-kuning apalagi ber-Bandera.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2020, 02:31:52 pm »
So, who claimed they represent Lazarus? Me? Did I say so?
I was mostly referring to the blogger I mentioned earlier.
I don't even remember names of many forum posters from years ago. My name memory is poor. So, I don't remember what you have written then.

Did I don't over a patch at that time? Most of the fix I do, I send it here or stored in my Github page (because I don't know how pull and whatever, mostly I just recommit by deleting all files and replace it),
Lazarus project uses a Subversion server for its development, but you can use a mirror repository in Github.
In both cases you should create patches and upload them into the bugtracker.
 https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Creating_A_Patch

Testing and applying patches from contributors is not a trivial task either. A developer also must study the relevant code to see potential problems. Nobody knows millions of lines of code by heart. Then those problems must be discussed and solved with the contributor. Often many iterations with patches are needed to get it right.
Remember, if I use my commit rights to apply a sloppy patch, I will be responsible to fix it. The patch author may have gone already by then, or is not interested to work on the issue more.

A very bad situation is when patches are ignored by developers.
It is advertised "patches are welcome". Then somebody uses lots of time and effort to create one but it sits in the bug tracker for weeks or months. It is extremely frustrating for the contributor.
So the goal is to go through all patches although it takes time and some of them must be rejected.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Otto

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2020, 02:35:30 pm »
Better I trying to fix some projects that I've been abandoned for months or checking that Sparta package in the current trunk version (I don't know why it always fails to perform SVN Checkout in the FPCUpDeluxe).

This is the right choice.

From a quick observation I saw that you are working on interesting projects. As soon as I have free time, I'm going to try them. In particular kyoukai_framework seems very interesting.

Greetings.
Otto.
Kind regards.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:14 pm »
Yes somebody please study and fix the Sparta form editor. Its code is complex and uses lots of interfaces. I guess some of the problems are caused by the automatic memory management of interface type.
The Sparta package is included in Lazarus sources. If you can download Lazarus, you can download Sparta form editor.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »
I think pl_ExDesign should be removed from OPM since the "original" port is included in one of the JVCL packages which is under our control. And JVCL is available in OPM as well.
I fully agree to remove pl_ExDesign from OPM. I will also exclude it from the next version of ct4laz. I hope to also see LazMapViewer available in Lazarus directly or via OPM so I can also exclude pl_MapViewer from ct4laz. I am waiting for official FPC 3.2 to update ct4laz since many updated components need FPC 3.2. Hope to see that happen soon.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

zoltanleo

« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2020, 10:43:05 am »
Hi guys. Can I know how this venture ended?  :o
Win10 LTSC x64/Deb 11 amd64(gtk2/qt5)/Darwin Cocoa (Monterey):
Lazarus x32/x64 2.3(trunk); FPC 3.3.1 (trunk), FireBird 3.0.10; IBX by TonyW

Sorry for my bad English, I'm using translator ;)

af0815

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2020, 08:40:51 pm »
Good 😊 For more look in the svn logs.
regards
Andreas

zoltanleo

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2020, 09:47:46 am »
@"af0815

I apologize in advance :-[, but I looked at the svn log, starting with r62735. I found that in r62740 the embedded designer was permanently removed from the Lazarus source.

What does this mean: a complete rejection from CT embedded designer? further development of sparta form designer?

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2020, 10:55:35 am »
... further development of sparta form designer?
Hopefully  :)
I tried to understand the sources enough to fix those bugs but I could not.
On the other hand, it is not my "itch" because I don't use the embedded designer nor docked IDE myself.
Somebody who finds the bugs annoying please fix them. This is one good goal for Lazarus 2.2.

zoltanleo

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2020, 05:43:32 pm »
it is not my "itch" because I don't use the embedded designer nor docked IDE myself.
Somebody who finds the bugs annoying please fix them.
Thanks for the answer.
I'm sorry. Most likely, we will not have an embedded form designer in the foreseeable future.  :'(

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:59 pm »
I'm sorry. Most likely, we will not have an embedded form designer in the foreseeable future.  :'(
Why such an attitude?  :)
You are a programmer, aren't you? Just dive into the code, study it, understand it, fix it!
It uses lots of interfaces. If this was my top priority, I would check if so many interfaces are needed. My educated guess says some bugs are caused by the automatic memory management of interfaced types, or more precisely by freeing manually things that should not be freed manually. For example:
 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=36151
I am sure the author (Maciej aka hnb) will answer detailed questions once you have understood most of the code.

Usually developers are most motivated to implement or fix a certain feature when it hinders their own work flow.
Bugs in the embedded form designer do not hinder my normal work flow at all because I don't use it.
I don't use it because I don't use a docked IDE.
Not my itch, sorry.

Actually I did improve the Sparta form designer, too. For example there was a clash between 2 sources of generics containers. I fixed it so the sources from FPC libs are used always when available. When not available, a copy in Lazarus sources is used.

Everybody should also remember this is a volunteer project. The division between having commit rights / no commit rights is arbitrary. Usually when somebody provides enough good quality patches, he gets commit rights. It does not make him an expert, or suddenly make him understand all code in a multi-million LOC project.
No. Everybody who provides code into the project is a developer!

zoltanleo

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2020, 11:05:41 am »
Thanks for the answer Juha.

I am not such an advanced programmer as some people in this forum :P.

Although I also do not use an embedded form designer to work, but I am interested in the capabilities of this plugin. Therefore, I expect someone with more experience than me to do this.

asdf1337

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2020, 12:59:30 am »
Hi Dio Affriza.

From what I could read in the forum, I can say that JuhaManninen is a very correct and respectful person of others. I don't think he turned directly to you. Also note that he is very committed to maintaining the development of Lazarus. From the way you write, I think you, like me, are not native English speakers. Keep in mind that it can be very easy to misunderstand especially the world when writing in a foreign language.   

Da quello che ho potuto leggere nel forum, posso affermare che JuhaManninen è una persona molto corretta e rispettosa degli altri. Non credo si rivolgesse direttamente a te. Tieni inoltre conto che è molto impegnato nel mantenere lo sviluppo di Lazarus. Da come scrivi credo che tu, come me, non sia madrelingua inglese. Inoltre considera che può essere molto facile fraintendersi in particolar mondo quando si scrive in una lingua straniera.   

Otto.
Okay, I will calm down now.

Do that backport, whatever lah, I won't send any comments anymore.
Discussing a license about CT is a totally waste a time, what the heck I am thinking. If I do this to their forum, I really get banned because of their nature.

https://jonlennartaasenden.wordpress.com/2015/01/03/free-sparta-and-codetyphoon-violates-gpl/

linuxer

• Systemd kills Linux Freedom Move to Artix Linux
    • Linuxer
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2020, 04:07:52 pm »
Just an installation note on my recently installed FPC 3.3.1 [trunk] and Lazarus 2.1.0 [trunk], on Artix Linux, so to make it work:

First install IDEntf form your Lazarus components folder, then AnchorDockingDesign and after that, sparta_DockedFormEditor, so to make that work

https://i.imgur.com/uqs53XV.png

Regards

TinyPortal © 2005-2018