Recent

Author Topic: Forum left nav panel  (Read 1653 times)

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Forum left nav panel
« on: March 02, 2020, 01:49:15 pm »
The Free Pascal download link results in an error. See attached image.

The Lazarus "Downloads (Laz+FPC)" link only takes you to Lazarus downloads, not FPC and no FPC is included in the Lazarus download, so it's a bit misleading.

lucamar

Re: Forum left nav panel
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 02:12:41 pm »
All Lazarus downloads (except, IIRC the source ones) include FPC, since it's essential for its proper operation. It's not exactly the same as the indepent FP one gets from freepascal.org, but it's enough for most needs.

About the 406 error, I know nothing; someone who knows how should tell the site(s) admin(s).

In case you need it, this link (from the main site) works:
Free Pascal Downloads
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:15:08 pm by lucamar »
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 02:36:54 pm »
Ok, regarding Laz+FPC, I was misled by the Lazarus macOS x86-64/README.txt file which stated:

You need to download and install all three packages fpc, fpc-src and LazarusIDE.

rvk

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 02:45:23 pm »
Ok, regarding Laz+FPC, I was misled by the Lazarus macOS x86-64/README.txt file which stated:
You need to download and install all three packages fpc, fpc-src and LazarusIDE.
Indeed. And for Mac OS and Linux this is probably true.

If you follow the link you end up here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20macOS%20x86-64/
and all the downloads (including FPC) are there.

For Windows it's all in one.

The Lazarus "Downloads (Laz+FPC)" link only takes you to Lazarus downloads, not FPC and no FPC is included in the Lazarus download, so it's a bit misleading.
No, all the downloads, Lazarus, FPC and FPC source are all in the same place if you follow that link.

At what link do you only see the Lazarus download ??

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 03:28:37 pm »
No, all the downloads, Lazarus, FPC and FPC source are all in the same place if you follow that link.

At what link do you only see the Lazarus download ??

I took the link "Downloads (Laz+FPC)" on the left side of the forum in the nav panel and I end up here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/ which only has the Lazarus files.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 03:55:17 pm »
I've just tested the link and it didn't show the error.

For Linux (I use Linux), it correctly shows me 3 deb files. And after installed them all, I got FPC also the text-user-interface mode editor FP. Everything seems to work correctly for Linux. Not sure about the others as I didn't use them.

rvk

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 03:56:54 pm »
I took the link "Downloads (Laz+FPC)" on the left side of the forum in the nav panel and I end up here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/ which only has the Lazarus files.
That's really weird.
If you go to a Windows distribution, then yes, you only end up with Lazarus because for Windows FPC is included.

But if you go to a Mac of Linux folder, you get FPC, FPC source and Lazarus IDE downloads.

Can you give the specific page/url where you don't find the FPC and FPC sources?

wp

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 04:09:45 pm »
It is correct. The site opened after clicking "Downloads (Laz + FPC)" displays only folders, one for each operating system. Select the one you need, maybe "Lazarus Linux i386 DEB". This one (like the others) contains folders again, now one for each version. Select "Lazarus 2.0.6", and here we are: There is a lazarus-project_2.0.6-0_i386.deb, fpc-laz_3.0.4-1_i386.deb, fpc-src_3.0.4-1_i386.deb as well as a README.txt. Just like it has always been.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:17:36 pm by wp »

rvk

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 04:12:45 pm »
This link will give an error.
https://www.freepascal.org/download.var

That's the one for only FPC in the left nav panel.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 04:20:55 pm »
It is actually correct:
The requested resource is capable of generating only content not acceptable according to the Accept headers sent in the request.[39] See Content negotiation.

It may have been an oversight as a result of during last two months of trolling the webmaster....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:25:15 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

rvk

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 04:25:28 pm »
It is actually correct:
Reasoning that way... ever error message is actually correct.

The point was not the message... the point was that you were not presented with a download option (as the link-title suggests).

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 10:49:42 pm »
That's really weird.
If you go to a Windows distribution, then yes, you only end up with Lazarus because for Windows FPC is included.

But if you go to a Mac of Linux folder, you get FPC, FPC source and Lazarus IDE downloads.

Can you give the specific page/url where you don't find the FPC and FPC sources?

OK, I know what happened. When I got to the "Lazarus (Laz+FPC)" download link on Sourceforge, I get a list of Lazarus directories, but at the top there is a green panel with:

Code: [Select]
           Download Latest Version
LazarusIDE-2.0.6-macos-x86_64.pkg (201.4 MB)

That's what I chose to download.

I should instead have selected the "Lazarus macOS x86-64" directory which does contain all three files and ignored the "Latest download".

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 09:47:23 am »
This link will give an error.
https://www.freepascal.org/download.var

That's the one for only FPC in the left nav panel.

That should probably be changed to https://www.freepascal.org/download.html then. The .var pages were recently disabled.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 11:04:09 am »
fixed.

Also fixed on the wiki main page.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018