Recent

Author Topic: TSQLQUERY Eof Bof No Work  (Read 1709 times)

Hapg18

Re: TSQLQUERY Eof Bof No Work
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 06:06:25 pm »

Gracias a todos por su respuesta y opiniones la DB en MSSQL Server ya tiene 18 años en producción el software verificado de precios está en VB 6.0 y quise actualizarlo y escogí Lazarus ya que es Free, y ejecuto un SP desde lazarus con sentencias "INNER JOIN" y no es compatible con FreeDos por esa razón hice un Store Procedure, la app ya camina perfectamente da los precios con precisión y al instante muy agradecido...
Thank you all for your response and opinions, the DB in MSSQL Server is already 18 years old in production, the verified price software is in VB 6.0 and I wanted to update it and I chose Lazarus since it is Free, and I run an SP from lazarus with sentences "INNER JOIN "and it is not compatible with FreeDos for that reason I made a Store Procedure, the app already walks perfectly gives prices with precision and instantly very grateful ...

af0815

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 08:55:33 pm »
OTOH, why not just fire a Select against that (unique?) value, and then just check RecordCount=0?
No running around the recordset with BOF/EOF
See https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=31474.0 and the meaning of RecordCount with Server DBs
regards
Andreas

Hapg18

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 09:00:14 pm »
Thank you all for your response and opinions, the DB in MSSQL Server is already 18 years old in production, the verified price software is in VB 6.0 and I wanted to update it and I chose Lazarus since it is Free, and I run an SP from lazarus with sentences "INNER JOIN "and it is not compatible with FreeDos for that reason I made a Store Procedure, the app already walks perfectly gives prices with precision and instantly very grateful ...

Zvoni

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 01:28:25 am »
OTOH, why not just fire a Select against that (unique?) value, and then just check RecordCount=0?
No running around the recordset with BOF/EOF
See https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=31474.0 and the meaning of RecordCount with Server DBs
Your point?
Especially if i‘m interested if recordcount=0......
One System to rule them all, One IDE to find them,
One Code to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
---------------------------------------------------------------------
People call me crazy, because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine aircraft

af0815

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 07:02:27 am »
Your point?
Especially if i‘m interested if recordcount=0......
Short: recordcount=0 is working.

Long: My Point is, don't use it and forget it if you have no flatfiles or memory DBs (Desktop Database). If you change in future '=0' without you know what you (or another) do. I have in my mind recordcount is  >:D and avoid using for a good reason since times. Ages ago i learned this with the BDE and the change from DesktopDB to ServerDB.  The combination of BOF and EOF is working for all DBs without thinking.

regards
Andreas

TinyPortal © 2005-2018