Recent

Author Topic: Opinions on best method to handle multiple value lookup in XML file and parse...  (Read 622 times)

MoCityMM

It's early in the morning so thinking is slow on this one and if I knew where to start, I would have tried to search for answer on the board here... so, maybe someone can point me the direction of the type of function/method I am looking for.

I have a XML file that contains the following child node:

<trigger type="Weekly" exact="false" at="7:00:00" duration="11:01:00" repetition="0:00:00" frequency="1" weeks="" weekdays="1" months="" dates=""/>

the 'weekdays' is what I am wanting to parse and looking for the best method to represent this information. The entries in 'weekdays' could be one entry or multiple entries, ie. 1 or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 0

each entry corresponds to a week day: 1 = Monday, etc

XML node lookup and parse I can handle fairly easy.

Basic question is this: Better to use a const value(s) list in application, parse list and replace with 'Monday', etc or load an array with value(s)?

More of a performance question, simple best performance. TArrayOfString, maybe?

Suggestions?

Regards,
-Mo
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 12:46:37 pm by MoCityMM »

MoCityMM

Think I found what I am looking for: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,11259.msg56444.html#msg56444

Think I have it working (code attached)...

Is it possible to concatenate the enumeration values of TDay to a label in a loop?

Regards,
-Mo

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:57:18 am by MoCityMM »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018