Recent

Author Topic: Who deleted my thread about the Vector Pascal compiler?  (Read 967 times)

guest65278

Who deleted my thread about the Vector Pascal compiler?
« on: February 23, 2020, 04:25:11 pm »
Did I do anything wrong?

Anyway, as promised I will report my research about this compiler: the language loosely based on Turbo Pascal and a bit of Delphi, it's mostly for math people. Their decision to allow Unicode characters in the code is insane and it will cause more problems than it worths. We need Unicode strings, not a language allow typing the code in Unicode. That's it. I will stay away it as far as possible.

You could check it manual here and see how awful if we allow code to be written in arbitrary Unicode characters is: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vectorpascalcom/files/

p/s: I will use CudaText to code Pascal until I have to deal with OOP, now just procedural we go. You can't not code OOP without a powerful IDE, this time Lazarus is needed  :P

lucamar

Re: Who deleted my thread about the Vector Pascal compiler?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 04:54:15 pm »
You can't not code OOP without a powerful IDE, this time Lazarus is needed  :P

That is simply not true, as most of us, old-timers, know. Unless you think Turbo Pascal was a "powerful IDE" (as compared to Lazarus; it was, at the time it was sold). It's true that an IDE like Lazarus (and more to the point: libraries like the FCL/LCL) simplify a lot programming event-based applications, but that is a quite different issue.
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

wildfire

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 04:59:12 pm »
You can't not code OOP without a powerful IDE

That is simply not true

There's a double negative in there so effectively nov97 was posting the truth and your reply is false :p
A halo is a mere circle, when does it end?

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 04:59:36 pm »
I did as it was offtopic, and you have been warned before for offtopic posting with your previous accounts.

Keep it about FPC and Lazarus and not about umpteen only very remotely related other subjects. "Other" is for other FPC/Lazarus related topics not fitting anywhere, it is not a free-for-all and anythng goes.

This thread is now locked and will be removed in time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018