Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus from source [Win10]  (Read 4762 times)

Otto

Lazarus from source [Win10]
« on: February 23, 2020, 11:36:55 am »
Hello everyone.

I recently installed Lazarus from sources on Windows 10 64bit. Using the valuable tips provided to me by GetMem here.

During the upgrade phase of r62664 I received the following error:

Code: [Select]
screen.inc(438,26) Error: Call by var for arg no. 1 has to match exactly: Got "TScreen.{Dynamic} Array Of TCursor" expected "WideString"
I have not yet modified any files from the Lazarus IDE sources code; I had previously made other updates that had been successful.

Where did I make the mistake?

Greetings.
Otto.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 11:45:23 am by Otto »
Kind regards.

wp

Re: Lazarus from source [Win10]
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 12:12:00 pm »
It already has been reported internally and hopefully will be fixed soon.

Alternatively you can update to the preceding r62663: right-click in the Explorer on your Lazarus installation folder, "Tortoise SVN" > "Update to revision" > type "62663" > "OK". Try to rebuild the IDE again after the svn update.

Otto

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 01:29:16 pm »
Thank you very much wp.
I suspected it was such a problem.

I'm still inexperienced with the use of SVN tools, but I followed your advice and everything is back in place.
TortoiseSVN automatically returns to "Head version" right?

_________

I noticed that in the "About Lazarus" the SVN Revision is marked as: "Unknown".

Greetings.
Otto.
Kind regards.

wp

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 01:45:57 pm »
Sounds strange... On my system the "SVN revision" is displayed correctly.

Do this:
- In Explorer, right-click on your Lazarus folder
- Select "TortoiseSVN" > "SVN Show Log"
- In the list you see all the recent revisions.
- The bold line is the currently active revision on you system - it should be r62663 if you really did switch to this revision.

Otto

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 02:18:28 pm »
Looks like r62663.
Maybe it will depend on some mistake I made in the configuration of the Lazarus IDE.
I don't think it depends on whether I'm using Windows 10 [Windows Insider Program].

Sembrerebbe proprio la r62663.

È possibile che dipenda da qualche errore che io abbia commesso durante la configurazione dell’ IDE Lazarus.
Non credo che dipenda dal fatto che io stia utilizzando Windows 10 [Windows Insider Program].

Otto.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 02:21:47 pm by Otto »
Kind regards.

Otto

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 02:55:08 pm »
I compiled Lazarus-trunk using the FPC of the stable version (coming from the official installer); could this be the cause?

I used this script:

set path=C:\Lazarus_DEV\fpc\3.0.4\bin\x86_64-win64;
make bigide

Greetings.
Otto.
Kind regards.

balazsszekely

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 03:19:46 pm »
@Otto

After you switched back to r. r62663, you should be able to build Lazarus IDE. It works fine here. What error(s) are you get with r.62663?

PS: The FPC path looks good, you don't have to change it.

Otto

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 03:53:19 pm »
@ GetMem

Hello GetMem.
After returning to r62663 everything went well, except that in the "About Lazarus" the SVN Revision version is marked as: "Unknown".

I was referring to this error, in the previous post I had it under intended (I apologize if this caused confusion).

Greetings.
Otto.

Kind regards.

wp

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 06:08:31 pm »
except that in the "About Lazarus" the SVN Revision version is marked as: "Unknown".
In the folder "tools" of your Lazarus installation, there should be a "svn2revisioninc.exe". If it is missing it was possibly forgotten by the build process of the IDE. Load its project lpi file (from the same folder) into Lazarus and compile it. Then build the IDE again. Maybe this helps...

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 06:48:05 pm »
In the folder "tools" of your Lazarus installation, there should be a "svn2revisioninc.exe". If it is missing it was possibly forgotten by the build process of the IDE.
Yes.
IIRC running "make bigide" builds only Lazarus IDE with certain packages.
Running "make" builds all tools including svn2revisioninc.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

zoltanleo

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 06:48:54 pm »
I noticed that in the "About Lazarus" the SVN Revision is marked as: "Unknown".

Hi, Otto.

Try to specify in Environment Variable Path the correct path to svn.exe and rebuild the IDE
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:51:28 pm by zoltanleo »
Win10 LTSC x64/Deb 11 amd64(gtk2/qt5)/Darwin Cocoa (Monterey):
Lazarus x32/x64 2.3(trunk); FPC 3.3.1 (trunk), FireBird 3.0.10; IBX by TonyW

Sorry for my bad English, I'm using translator ;)

Otto

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 10:12:24 pm »
Thank you all for your support and help.

I haven't been able to find out the cause of the problem yet, but I don't think it's related to FPC/Lazarus.
I installed the r62663 on another PC, always with Windows 10 64bit [WIP] but with a new AMD CPU, everything works here properly; the PC where I had tested before has an Intel CPU. Of course this is not the definitive proof: As we all know it is difficult to find two PCs with the same configurations; so I will have to do further tests. If I find out the causes, I will inform you.

Greetings.
Otto.
Kind regards.

Otto

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 06:07:41 pm »
Hello everyone.
To work around the issue, "About Lazarus" the SVN Revision version is marked as: "Unknown", I added the release number in the "version info" of the project. In doing so, however, I took a change from the official svn. If there was a way to add "version info" during the building phase I would not lose alignment to the svn.

Is there any command to add to the script (Laz_build.bat) file so that I get this purpose?

I also encountered a small problem:
“Project Options >>Miscellaneous>>Maximize compatibility ...” is not maintained when check the box “Set compiler options as default”
Kind regards.

Otto

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 08:58:12 pm »
Hello everyone.

After several updates of both Lazarus-Trunk and Windows 10, the "SVN Revision" version, in the "About Lazarus", has returned to being displayed (now it is: r62735); but it is not correct because it is not aligned with the version of the SVN (which is revision: 62768).
I hope this information is useful for someone to find a possible cause.

Apart from this anomaly in the "About Lazarus", I don't seem to notice any particular flaws.

Otto.
Kind regards.

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 10:05:30 pm »
After several updates of both Lazarus-Trunk and Windows 10, the "SVN Revision" version, in the "About Lazarus", has returned to being displayed (now it is: r62735); but it is not correct because it is not aligned with the version of the SVN (which is revision: 62768).
I hope this information is useful for someone to find a possible cause.

You need to rebuild the IDE and make sure that "Update revision.inc" is checked in Tools->Options->Rebuild IDE.

Bart

TinyPortal © 2005-2018