Recent

Author Topic: deBayering - Bayer to RGB conversion needed  (Read 8381 times)

af0815

Re: deBayering - Bayer to RGB conversion needed
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 08:00:10 am »
Maybe we're looking at totally different cameras.

Yes, i am looking for my used camera only. Consumer products like Nikon, Canon, Sony, Leica are not for my production needs.
regards
Andreas

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 11:08:55 am »
Maybe we're looking at totally different cameras.

Yes, i am looking for my used camera only. Consumer products like Nikon, Canon, Sony, Leica are not for my production needs.

(Sony afaik is the biggest sensor make in the world, specially CCD. Many if not most upscale industrial cameras have Sony sensors. They also had industrial area cameras afaik, but not very prominent. Nikon also is a pro club but more in lenses I think, most better quality "vision"  lenses that we buy are from Nikon)

af0815

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 11:52:05 am »
I'm looking for a way to reach the raw data, not for debayering but to make an impression for how the sensor catches the image.
This was the reason for me to different between consumer products - make internal processing of the data and put only processed data - and industrial cameras, which normal deliver different formats for processing purposes.

consumer = get processed data in a common (maybe companyspecific) format (raw, jpeg, ...) and you take this on your vacaition
industrial = get data in a datastream (more or less preprocessed) for processing.

it my definition. Maybe i am wrong.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:58:29 am by af0815 »
regards
Andreas

georgje

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 12:28:30 pm »
In what you call consumer camera's raw is raw, the Color Filter Array. It contains the digitized values of the sensor elements. Editing is done during and/or after demosaicing. The problem is to extract that array from the raw-file and eventual decompress it. Once that is done it's becoming easy.

George

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2020, 12:23:36 pm »
You can already try displaying a grayscale image with whatever values you find.

If you know the image dimensions, you can divide the size in byte by the number of pixels. If it is not round at all, multiply by 8 to get the bit depth of the pixel.
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

ADMGNS

• keep it simple and smart
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2021, 06:56:00 pm »
hello,
if you still need it, please see attachment.. there is some code written in delphi to simulate bayerize and debayerize, but last one is not finished at all. maybe it gives you some logic or ideas..
lucks

af0815

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2021, 09:30:11 pm »
For the records, i have al running soloution for me. https://github.com/afriess/GSTCamera/tree/master/pasv4l/demos
regards
Andreas

TinyPortal © 2005-2018