Forum > Editor

I can't change the code editor font in Linux... Anyone?...

<< < (2/5) > >>

nomorelogic:
I tried removing Lazarus and reinstalling it: nothing changhes :(

lucamar:
Does it happens only with this font or with any monospaced font you select?

I'd tend to agree with Ñuño that it looks like a problem with the font itself: either it's not correctly formed or it isn't marked as "monospace".

SynEdit wants a monospaced font and when you apply a non-monospaced one the result resembles your image: the space after the shorter characters (i, l, ...) is excesive while the wider ones (m, w, ...) might even be cut-out, all as your image seems to indicate.

Martin_fr:
The "weird look" is a 2ndary issue.
Forget the spacing for a moment.

You say the font does not change, no matter what you select.
That means, if you change between fonts, that draw a line in the "0" (zero), or do just an oval (like the letter O) for a zero, you would always get the same "0".

Same you do a serif vs a none serif. The form, thickness, details of each char on it own do never change?

Now, if that is true, then there is an issue with font selection.

And apparently you end up with a none monospaced font. And that gets the spacing weirdness.

None monospaced fonts

The Editor displays all text according to mono spaced rules. That is like in a grid. An "i" and a "W" must have the same widths. If not the editor adjusts the widths, by padding or squeezing. => Weird look.

nomorelogic:
just to be more precise I can attach 3 monospace fonts

I included a line of "O" letter and 0 (zero)

winni:
Hi!

Looking at the 3 Font examples:

* Theses Fonts are not monospaced fonts
* In all 3 screenshots it is always the same font

To check this confusion let's take first step:

look in your lazarus directory in the editoroptions.xml

In the 4th line there should be something  like

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---<Display DoNotWarnForFont="Liberation Mono" EditorFont="Liberation Mono" EditorFontSize="12" ExtraCharSpacing="1"/>
Do you find a correct fontname in this line?

Winni

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version