Forum > Editor

I can't change the code editor font in Linux... Anyone?...

<< < (3/5) > >>

Martin_fr:
Just noted, the OP Hoch, has not posted/replied further to the topic. Maybe they solved it.

nomorelogic:
this is the 4th line of $HOME/.lazarus/editoroptions.xml

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---<Display DoNotWarnForFont="DejaVu Sans Mono"/> 

Using fpcupdeluxe I installed on the same system another lazarus (laz stable / fpc stable).
Using the new install, fonts are perfect (see attachment).
In this case the 4th line of .../lazstable/config_lazarus/editoroptions.xml is the same of previous "weird" installation:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---<Display DoNotWarnForFont="DejaVu Sans Mono"/> 
Thus I have 2 lazarus (same version) on my system, so it's not a font issue.

Edit:
@winni
it seems that it doesn’t matter the font I select, at the end the editor is used almost always the same
in editoroptions.xml is reported the one I selected

C#R#:
Hi,

I have the same problem, the characters overlaps the own space.
But, I have the problem only on qt5 interface
When the ide is compiled on gtk2, the problem disappear

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: C#R# on April 26, 2021, 05:12:51 pm ---I have the same problem, the characters overlaps the own space.
But, I have the problem only on qt5 interface
When the ide is compiled on gtk2, the problem disappear

--- End quote ---

Same origin, but different effect.

If you look closely for the OT every char is squashed to the next.

In your image chars are cut off at certain intervals (whenever the highlight color changes).
If you select chars in a line, and extend the selection char by char, you will see the other chars moving.

The problem is still the font. It does not stick to the width it should. Though in your case SynEdit believes that it is monospaced.

Therefore SynEdit outputs the text without correcting the width. It prints the text in the current highlight. When the hl changes SynEdit calculates where the previous text should have ended, and continues there. But in your case the previous text did not end at the correct location.

I have no idea why the fort info on gtk/qt on your platforms goes wrong.

I suggest to report this as bug. (against the LCL widgetset for qt/gtk)

winni:
Hi!

AFAIK synedit only acceps monospaced fonts.

The bug is, that the IDE allows also proportional fonts.

Winni

PS.: Wikipedia has a (small) list of monospaced  fonts.
Liberation mono and many others missing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monospaced_typefaces

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version