Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

Nonpersistent block behavor

(1/2) > >>

EmperorOfKeyboard:
I searched and not find nothing on first (from 63 total) forum pages.

I assume that frepascal IDE must copy behavor from ancient TurboRascal, but.
I is totally frustated becos blocks are not deleted. :(
When I used QBasic, I get used to if you select something and press Del, then block deleted fully. (And such behavor continues in all windows.) Please add such option: when non-persistent blocks selected, may be also checked something "delete blocks".

Handoko:
Hello EmperorOfKeyboard,
Welcome to the forum.

I'm using Lazarus IDE default setting and I never experience the behavior as you mentioned. Maybe you accidentally change the setting:
Lazarus main menu > Tools > Options > General > Tab and Indent > Persistent block

I thought OP's post was about Lazarus IDE.

Martin_fr:
"frepascal IDE"
Is this about the Lazarus IDE, or the fp-ide (command line ide)?

Because you posted this in the sub-forum "Using the Lazarus IDE".

A "Persistent Block" in the Lazarus IDE is not deleted by the del key. There is no option in Lazarus for this. But you can easily write a macro https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Editor_Macros_PascalScript and assign it to the del key. The macro can check for selection and do whatever you want to happen.

EmperorOfKeyboard:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on January 25, 2020, 03:14:18 pm ---"frepascal IDE"
Is this about the Lazarus IDE, or the fp-ide (command line ide)?

Because you posted this in the sub-forum "Using the Lazarus IDE".

A "Persistent Block" in the Lazarus IDE is not deleted by the del key. There is no option in Lazarus for this. But you can easily write a macro https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Editor_Macros_PascalScript and assign it to the del key. The macro can check for selection and do whatever you want to happen.

--- End quote ---
Of corse. Sorry, I saw this section in search and unatentivly posted here.
Please move if you can.

Martin_fr:
Moved

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version