Recent

Author Topic: LAZARUS learner - Newbie  (Read 1057 times)

banajit

LAZARUS learner - Newbie
« on: January 20, 2020, 05:54:50 am »
Respected Members
Myself Banajit, I am from INDIA. I am a health care professional. I dont have any prior knowledge of programmings . I search and found lazarus to be most suitable to learn programmings for noob like me . My goal to make few simple applications for my personal uses.
Now my question is --- am I in right place ?
 My experiences --
programming -- Nil
moderate level knowledge in Joomla/Wordpress. 
Thanking you all .

PaulRowntree

• Paul Rowntree
Re: LAZARUS learner - Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 06:15:09 am »
I would say that once you express interest, you are definitely in the right place!
Lazarus and FreePascal come with an enormous library of examples.  Look for something along the lines of what interests you, then see how it ticks.  tehre are lots of online resources for Pascal, and this forum is strong and responsive.
Ask away!
Paul Rowntree
- coding for instrument control, data acquisition & analysis, CNC systems

440bx

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 06:25:34 am »
Now my question is --- am I in right place ?
programming -- Nil
Yes, you're in the right place.

Since you have no experience in programming, I suggest you get a good Pascal programming book, I recommend "Oh Pascal" from Doug Cooper.  It is an old book that doesn't cover OOP but, it's filled with good programming advice.  You can usually get a used copy for a very reasonable amount.  Between what is covered in that book and asking questions here, you will probably be able to get up to speed fairly quickly (less than a month for basic stuff.)

HTH.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Hartmut

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:15:35 am »
You should have a look at:
 - Which Tutorial is best for a Complete Beginner to Free Pascal? = https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,48173.0.html
 - Pascal Books and Wiki links = https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,43921.0.html
Have fun!

banajit

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 10:57:46 am »
Many many thanks to all for your kind responses .
I will definitely look in to .
now trying to learn it . 
thanks again.
 :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018