Recent

Author Topic: Game Development Portal - Wiki  (Read 3516 times)

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Game Development Portal - Wiki
« on: January 13, 2020, 02:38:14 am »
There is a portal for game development on the wiki (see https://wiki.freepascal.org/Portal:Game_Development) which I am sure would benefit from some updating (links to missed pages which are relevant, new content) from those who frequent this sub-forum on Games.

I've tidied up the portal page format but I'm not into games or game development, so it's up to you to help make it easier for others by contributing to the Wiki.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: Game Development Portal - Wiki
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 12:54:55 pm »
I saw it (I created that portal). I think you messed up with the infobox and now it looks broken in the related pages ;D. I don't remember how to fix it and haven't time now but I'll try when I have time (may be this weekend).
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 12:17:58 am »
I moved the boxed content from the Portal page to the templates which were already referenced on the page, but not being used. Now each box can be edited individually like the other portals rather than editing the whole portal page.

Can you elaborate on what is broken? I checked all the infobox links and they work. Where is a related page to check?

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 11:22:09 am »
Just go to any game related wiki page (like this one for example).  The list in the beginning is the infobox.  Mine was aligned to the right, in a separated box with a title bar and a few interesting links.  It should be in the infobox modifications log.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!

trev

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 01:12:35 pm »
Understood.  I have fixed the related pages.

The portal page is now structured like all the other portal pages to make it easy for people to update individual content sections (templates) without having to mess with any complicated  markup. Content now needs to be updated in a  single place (the portal templates) to appear everywhere else.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 12:55:00 pm »
Thanks.  Now I have to remember how to edit wiki templates... :-[

TinyPortal © 2005-2018