Forum > Linux

On Ubuntu 20.04 lazarus installed from Ubuntu Software does not start

(1/3) > >>

corradoventu:
I installed lazarus 2.0.6 on Ubuntu 20.04 from Ubuntu Software. installation was done without errors.
Trying to start I receive a message: Can't find the lazarus executable /usr/lib/lazarus/2.0.6/lazarus
See launchpad bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lazarus/+bug/1859316
corrado@corrado-x5-ff-0104:~$ ls /usr/lib/lazarus/2.0.6
components  docs  examples  languages  startlazarus
corrado@corrado-x5-ff-0104:~$
thanks for attention

Zvoni:
Don't install from Distro-Repo.
Use the deb's available here.

corradoventu:
On Ubuntu 18.04 I have Lazarus installed from Your site and works fine. On Ubuntu 20.04 Lazarus can be installed from Distro-repo and if supplied MUST WORK. If does not work You should help Canonical to correct the problem. Thanks.

Zvoni:

--- Quote from: corradoventu on January 15, 2020, 02:26:02 pm ---On Ubuntu 18.04 I have Lazarus installed from Your site and works fine. On Ubuntu 20.04 Lazarus can be installed from Distro-repo and if supplied MUST WORK. If does not work You should help Canonical to correct the problem. Thanks.

--- End quote ---
Wrong!
Even on 18.04 Lazarus was available in the repo's but a lot of people had trouble with those installs.
Ignore Lazarus/FPC in the repos, download the deb's from here, install them, lock them in Synaptic, Done!

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: corradoventu on January 15, 2020, 02:26:02 pm ---On Ubuntu 18.04 I have Lazarus installed from Your site and works fine. On Ubuntu 20.04 Lazarus can be installed from Distro-repo and if supplied MUST WORK. If does not work You should help Canonical to correct the problem. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Why should it "MUST WORK"? If it doesn't work then you- as an Ubuntu customer- should raise it via their bug tracking system. If they then decide that it's an upstream problem it's their responsibility to raise it with the authors, some- but by no means all- of whom are present in this forum.

I'd suggest that it's extremely impolite to come and shout at other users and at people who are giving their time without expectation of recompense when the problem appears to be down to Canonical- which is a company making money from support contracts etc.

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version