Forum > Other

Does fpgui still maintained?

<< < (3/4) > >>

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: mr.coll on January 05, 2020, 06:23:01 pm ---Thanks for it. Anyway, I compiled the aggpas from lazarus components directory. After that, I could get package fpgui_toolkit.lpk compiled. But Lazarus complains the unit fpg_main is missing, I then do exactly like my first post on this thread, and it ended up exactly the same as my first post already show, it failed to find unit graph even if I add the path to package graph from fpcsrc to Other unit files.

Just a gui toolkit but took too much efforts and finally still can't compile normally. It's a waste of time. It doesn't worth. Don't try this widgetset.

p/s: Sorry, I'm rude again.

--- End quote ---

(Checks first message) Which sounds as though the Makefiles need tweaking, which is "above your pay grade". One has to wonder how often that particular build is tested (I suspect seldom, since I don't think Lazarus is routinely built for "minority" targets) and whether there's any obvious way of checking that at least the Makefiles are OK (i.e. even if there were issues with the built IDE/LCL).

Oh, and I'd strongly suggest that if Martin or Fred attempt to help you listen to them attentively.

MarkMLl

guest65109:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on January 05, 2020, 06:29:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: mr.coll on January 05, 2020, 06:23:01 pm ---Thanks for it. Anyway, I compiled the aggpas from lazarus components directory. After that, I could get package fpgui_toolkit.lpk compiled. But Lazarus complains the unit fpg_main is missing, I then do exactly like my first post on this thread, and it ended up exactly the same as my first post already show, it failed to find unit graph even if I add the path to package graph from fpcsrc to Other unit files.

Just a gui toolkit but took too much efforts and finally still can't compile normally. It's a waste of time. It doesn't worth. Don't try this widgetset.

p/s: Sorry, I'm rude again.

--- End quote ---

(Checks first message) Which sounds as though the Makefiles need tweaking, which is "above your pay grade". One has to wonder how often that particular build is tested (I suspect seldom, since I don't think Lazarus is routinely built for "minority" targets) and whether there's any obvious way of checking that at least the Makefiles are OK (i.e. even if there were issues with the built IDE/LCL).

Oh, and I'd strongly suggest that if Martin or Fred attempt to help you listen to them attentively.

MarkMLl

--- End quote ---

I would rather quit.

Fred vS:
Hello.

Sorry mr.coll for the confusion.

There are 2 fpGUI flavors: the "pure fpGUI" and the "LCL/fpGUI".

The "LCL/fpGUI" uses the LCL developed by the Lazarus team that uses the fpGUI widgetset, like it does with other widgetset (GTK, Qt, Carbon, ...).

This "LCL/fpGUI" is in development but not yet operational, some widgets are not yet working (Tfpg_label for example).

"LCL/fpGUI" is provided in Lazarus source, but, IMHO, not already ready to use.

But, a contrario, the "Pure fpGUI" version is perfectly working and easy to use.
And with "Pure fpGUI" you will have lighter, faster, stronger executables, without any dependencies.

All the infos that I give you in previous posts are about "Pure fpGUI".

Fre;D

valdir.marcos:

--- Quote from: mr.coll on January 05, 2020, 06:23:01 pm ---p/s: Sorry, I'm rude again.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: mr.coll on January 05, 2020, 06:24:50 pm ---p/s: Sorry for being rude.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: mr.coll on January 05, 2020, 06:39:36 pm ---I would rather quit.
--- End quote ---
Being patient is a virtue.
Being rude doesn't help and it's considered as a moral harassment in a paid environment and as a valid social exclusion reason on a voluntary environment...
Please, be more careful with your needs, feelings and words.

guest65109:

--- Quote from: Fred vS on January 05, 2020, 07:05:18 pm ---Hello.

Sorry mr.coll for the confusion.

There are 2 fpGUI flavors: the "pure fpGUI" and the "LCL/fpGUI".

The "LCL/fpGUI" uses the LCL developed by the Lazarus team that uses the fpGUI widgetset, like it does with other widgetset (GTK, Qt, Carbon, ...).

This "LCL/fpGUI" is in development but not yet operational, some widgets are not yet working (Tfpg_label for example).

"LCL/fpGUI" is provided in Lazarus source, but, IMHO, not already ready to use.

But, a contrario, the "Pure fpGUI" version is perfectly working and easy to use.
And with "Pure fpGUI" you will have lighter, faster, stronger executables, without any dependencies.

All the infos that I give you in previous posts are about "Pure fpGUI".

Fre;D

--- End quote ---

So I have to code pure fpgui by hand? Is there any form designer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version