Recent

Author Topic: Installation of MonoEmb4Delphi  (Read 3609 times)

guest65109

Installation of MonoEmb4Delphi
« on: January 05, 2020, 12:21:05 pm »

MarkMLl

Re: Installation of MonoEmb4Delphi
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 01:10:33 pm »
It's not something I've tried, and I can tell you most earnestly that right now it's not something I'm even dreaming of trying even at consultancy rates: I've got too much on my plate already.

It's encouraging that the API appears to be C rather than C++, which isn't directly compatible with FPC etc. I'd suggest that the best place to start would be compiling it with gcc and checking that a simple C example works, and then looking at what bits of the interface you actually need.

Of course, various other people will suggest that you'd be better off with PscalScript or Lua. I'd suggest to them that you're likely to have reasons for wanting Mono, and that they should grant you that courtesy :-)

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

guest65109

Re: Installation of MonoEmb4Delphi
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 02:01:07 pm »
It's not something I've tried, and I can tell you most earnestly that right now it's not something I'm even dreaming of trying even at consultancy rates: I've got too much on my plate already.

It's encouraging that the API appears to be C rather than C++, which isn't directly compatible with FPC etc. I'd suggest that the best place to start would be compiling it with gcc and checking that a simple C example works, and then looking at what bits of the interface you actually need.

Of course, various other people will suggest that you'd be better off with PscalScript or Lua. I'd suggest to them that you're likely to have reasons for wanting Mono, and that they should grant you that courtesy :-)

MarkMLl

I admit that I don't understand anything of your post  %)

p/s: if I want a scripting language, I will never choose Pascal, overly verbose  :P I also have no experience with Lua, I want to try mono because my friends all use C#, I could get a dll from them easily and try to integrate it to my program to save time, because they're better coder than me. It's not very serious, though. I don't really depend on these dlls.

p/s: just because they have the same .dll extension doesn't mean they are the same thing, though. A .net dll is very different from a native dll  :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2018