Recent

Author Topic: Alsapas  (Read 598 times)

MarkMLl

Alsapas
« on: January 03, 2020, 01:15:45 pm »
A very brief status report. I'm currently taking a look at Alsapas, 1.0.27.1_RC.tar.bz2 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/alsapas/ as an update to a version I was using in about 2013.

In order to use it with recent FPC you need to define NO_LIBC which causes it to pick up definitions from its own .inc file.

In most cases you will also need to run a supplied script file which recompiles some of the library stuff using gcc, the test program run as the last stage of that will fail harmlessly because of the above issue.

I'm using it to drive MIDI output, they've changed some of the types etc. so it's not a drop-in replacement for older versions. I'll report further if I come across anything else interesting.

MarkMLl
Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN and graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Alsapas
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 12:28:16 pm »
I use fpalsa instead, it's still updated fairly recently. Still behind current ALSA, but the API seems compatible. At least my GUI for Zita-ajbridge still works fine.

MarkMLl

Re: Alsapas
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 12:31:28 pm »
I use fpalsa instead, it's still updated fairly recently. Still behind current ALSA, but the API seems compatible.

Although the bulk of the files are still from about 2014, which is roughly the same age as those of Alsapas.

I'm trying to wade through descriptions of the API- again- to see how to drive the MIDI stuff I need, and not much enjoying it.

MarkMLl
Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN and graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018