Recent

Author Topic: Grid DblClick problem - application hangs  (Read 1016 times)

wittbo

Grid DblClick problem - application hangs
« on: December 28, 2019, 01:01:23 pm »
I'm a developing a typical master/detail view with a grid on the left side and detail view on the right side of the form. Standard is the grid enabled and the detail view readonly. When doubleclicking on one of the grid entries, the program should react in the OnDblClick Event as follows: set the focus on the edit field of the detailview and disable the grid as long as the user does not click the button to indicate, that detail editing is ready to save and give control back to the grid.
In reality the focus is set to the edit field as expected, the grid gets disabled as expected but the button cannot be clicked and is not drawn like an disabled button. Same happens, if there are more clickable controls like radio buttons. Edit fields seem to be the only ones, which can be used. The effect is, that the application hangs, since nothing reacts to a click.
See demo.
-wittbo-
MBAir with MacOS 10.14.6 / Lazarus 2.2.4
MacStudio with MacOS 13.0.1 / Lazarus 2.2.4

howardpc

Re: Grid DblClick problem - application hangs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 06:58:26 pm »
This may be a Mac-specific problem. I find nothing unexpected when running your project on Linux. If I change the button's OnClick handler to re-enable the grid it works as expected.

wittbo

Re: Grid DblClick problem - application hangs
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 08:26:32 am »
The problem is a macOS Cocoa 64bit problem. I checked it with Lazarus 2.0.2 / i386 / carbon and everything was running as expected. I will open a bugtracker issue.
-wittbo-
MBAir with MacOS 10.14.6 / Lazarus 2.2.4
MacStudio with MacOS 13.0.1 / Lazarus 2.2.4

TinyPortal © 2005-2018