Recent

Author Topic: Create a poll  (Read 1240 times)

440bx

Create a poll
« on: December 15, 2019, 08:06:19 pm »
Hello,

I wanted to create a poll.  I did a search on how to do this and found
How do I create a poll?

When posting a new topic or editing the first post of a topic, click the “Poll creation” tab below the main posting form; if you cannot see this, you do not have appropriate permissions to create polls. Enter a title and at least two options in the appropriate fields, making sure each option is on a separate line in the textarea. You can also set the number of options users may select during voting under “Options per user”, a time limit in days for the poll (0 for infinite duration) and lastly the option to allow users to amend their votes.
I don't see a "poll creation" tab anywhere.  I'm not sure if I've missed it or if I do not have the appropriate permissions.

Basically, if I don't have the necessary permissions, I'd like to have them if possible.  If I already have the permissions I'd like to know where the elephant I missed is hiding. :)

Thank you for your help.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Create a poll
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 08:12:18 pm »
In a thread you started, you can create a poll. The button is there (see screenshot).

440bx

Re: Create a poll
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 08:20:03 pm »
Thank you Lainz.

Now I realize that the "add poll" option is present _after_ creating the post.  I was looking for it at post creation time.

Thanks again!
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018