Recent

Author Topic: Open source App "The color"  (Read 1833 times)

yurkad

• development
Open source App "The color"
« on: December 12, 2019, 08:46:35 pm »
Is finished app "The Color".

It is a free open source desktop application with license BSD made in Lazarus 2.0.6.

It allows to create very fast and simple special palettes and colors.
The method of generating pallets is not common -
 without using of values like RGB(?, ?, ?) or others.

This is version 1.0. Tested under Windows 10, but must working under uthers Os too, I hope.

Source and exe are in
https://sites.google.com/view/the-color/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:56:39 pm by yurkad »

jamie

Re: Open source App "The color"
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 10:12:09 pm »
Typically there is a API function that helps to generate a palette for 8 bit and less images,

Without downloading and installing the app I would say its to generate a palette array for lower bit images instead of allowing the OS to do it.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

yurkad

• development
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 12:37:24 am »
Unfortunately the description of the app is poor.
Excuse me.

I thought that working with this app will clarify everything, because the interface is very intuitive.

Soon I will add more information, especially with images.

In any case in the Help (F1) file there is a lot of information, I think.

yurkad

• development
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 03:29:21 am »
jamie, not 8 bits. 24 bits - full color.

yurkad

• development
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 04:30:25 pm »
All methods of obtaining a color can be divided into two groups.

1. Get color through some components of that. For example obtain a color using components r, g, b, or h, s, v, or the like.
Sample: using of TColorButton.
They are 1st group methods.

2. Obtain color by having one or several color palettes. They are 2nd group methods.

Basically there are no more methods to get a color.

Why are the 1st group methods not so good?
Because using a method of 1st user group (programmer) you should think in terms of RGB (or HSV, or similar). But user does not need to know these components of the desired color. What the user wants is to find possibly fast and accurate is nothing more than color - not color components.
However, these 1st group methods force the user to think about things that he does not need. User is required to think of color components. Excluding simple cases such as clRed, clGreen or similar, this additional burden on the user's brain means the loss of energy in addition to the loss of time. It is not easy to find components for a color of several million possibilities.
That is why any method of 1st group is not good.

The 2nd group methods do not require knowledge of color components.
User (coder) can choose the desired color as it is, without using RGB, HSV or other color components. This is much better than 1st group methods. However, the 2nd group methods have another problem. While there are more than 16 million colors, the palettes propose in the best case 1000 colors. You cannot put in a space many pallets. To reduce this problem sometimes they make palettes with very small cells for colors. But with this method another problem appears: the color in a small cell is not properly perceived.
That is why the 2nd group methods are not good either.

App The Color is made to obtain a color without problems of the 1st and 2nd group.
To obtain a color through App The Color User (coder) you do not need to operate or know color components such as RGB and others. And there are no limits on the number of pallets. App The Color is a palette generator. The colors, which can be obtained using App The Color cover all 16 million possible RGB colors.

The use of App The Color consists of 2 stages:
1: Prepare the desired color.
2: Click on corresponding cell.
This is all.

After clicking you can go to any other application (Notebook, Lazarus Project, ...) and make CTRL +  V in the corresponding place. Something like RgbToColor (125, 23, 67) or HSV (…) will appear depending on the format set in the App The Color.
In addition App The Color offers another important service: pallet storage for repeated use.

Now there is a lack of explanation about how to prepare a desired color by using of App The Color.
This task requires displaying many images. I will try to do it on the site https://sites.google.com/view/the-color/.

Here I will notify previously about finish the explanation.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:44:08 pm by yurkad »

yurkad

• development
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 10:29:35 pm »
The explanation of how make desired color is down.

Direct access :
https://sites.google.com/view/the-color/make-desired-color

Can be go to the Homepage too:
https://sites.google.com/view/the-color/

Please, put here your questions. I will respond with pleasure.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018