Recent

Author Topic: Designer doesn't work in docked IDE  (Read 1903 times)

plusmore

Designer doesn't work in docked IDE
« on: December 10, 2019, 11:19:15 am »
I have added the packages anchordockingdsgn, sparta_DockedFormEditor and spartamdi to get an anchored layout but when applied the designer doesn't work. The workspace only has the "dots" at the bottom half of the designer window, you can't drag and drop components onto the designer but can only get them by double-clicking and when they have finally arrived you can't drag them around the designer workspace.

Has anyone come across this and got the designer working in this configuration? I have removed the packages and having to use the floating window layout which I don't like.

I should point out this is under macOS 10.15.1 Catalina using Cocoa. This seems to work fine under Windows 7.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:40:08 am by plusmore »

guest64953

Re: Designer doesn't work in docked IDE
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 05:03:55 am »
I have added the packages anchordockingdsgn, sparta_DockedFormEditor and spartamdi to get an anchored layout but when applied the designer doesn't work. The workspace only has the "dots" at the bottom half of the designer window, you can't drag and drop components onto the designer but can only get them by double-clicking and when they have finally arrived you can't drag them around the designer workspace.

Has anyone come across this and got the designer working in this configuration? I have removed the packages and having to use the floating window layout which I don't like.

I should point out this is under macOS 10.15.1 Catalina using Cocoa. This seems to work fine under Windows 7.

Hi, same problem with gtk2 widgetset on OpenIndiana. You have to uninstall the sparta ones, your IDE still be docked but the form designer is separated, a bit inconvenient but just work  ;)

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Designer doesn't work in docked IDE
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 08:01:13 am »

Currently many features are only partially implemented in Cocoa. We need more users to report bugs. If you find something not working as it should be, please submit a bug report.

https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Roadmap

TinyPortal © 2005-2018