Recent

Author Topic: isFlipped isn't  (Read 5652 times)

syntonica

Re: isFlipped isn't
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 10:37:39 am »
Sometimes. On initial viewing, it can be flipped, but after closing and reopening Lazarus, it comes up correctly.  Same with the window not being properly disposed of.  It's all very random and odd, which makes me suspect a threading issue.

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 10:52:23 am »
Maybe you can make small demo with treeview, which shows the bug on 1st form show? then post it the that Mantis issue.

syntonica

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 06:45:08 pm »
I'm afraid that's still above my pay grade at the moment. I haven't looked at Forms at all as I won't be using them. Give me another month or two until I'm more comfortable with Pascal grammar.  I'm still fighting with := for assignment!

Edit: It looks like I'm going to start porting my C++/ObjC++ code to FP, so I'll be around for a while.  When I have a spare hour, I'll start on a basic Form to see how it all works.  It looks like Java Swing/Matisse to me. Is it kind of the same idea?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:20:10 pm by syntonica »

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2019, 11:39:36 pm »
LCL is not the same idea as Java Swing, maybe Swing is the same idea, or partly the same.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 10:17:03 pm »
Edit: It looks like I'm going to start porting my C++/ObjC++ code to FP, so I'll be around for a while.  When I have a spare hour, I'll start on a basic Form to see how it all works.  It looks like Java Swing/Matisse to me. Is it kind of the same idea?
Not the same idea, not the same principle, not the same design, certainly not the same implementation.
LCL has more balanced OO-event driven approach, while Swing is all OOP (you don't assign event handlers in Swing, you create a class instance implementing interfaces describing the events instead).
LCL strives to be as native as possible to the chosen widgetset, Swing takes a unified look approach (more like fpGUI).
LCL is modeled after VCL 6, Swing is original design from Sun based on their earlier AWT (now this one is much closer to LCL's native approach).

VTwin

• Former Turbo Pascal 3 user
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2020, 12:22:14 am »
The "flipped" text was indeed a TreeView bug, but it seems to have been fixed in both trunk and fixes branches. Are you using the latest 64 bit fixes, 2.0.7 r64479?
“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” -Linus Torvalds

Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.2
macOS 12.1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit Cocoa M1)
Ubuntu 18.04.3: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)

syntonica

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2020, 03:43:41 am »
The "flipped" text was indeed a TreeView bug, but it seems to have been fixed in both trunk and fixes branches. Are you using the latest 64 bit fixes, 2.0.7 r64479?
I just updated to the very latest and the tree is growing in the proper direction now.  Thanks to whomever fixed it!

The text is still kind of funky: it draws upside-down and then flips when complete. It's not always noticeable, but on a slow day...

Anyway, everything now ends up to where I do not have to hang from the chandelier to read it, so I'm happy!

As an aside, I just did "svn update" and got r62496.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018