Forum > General

FPC + Laz on DFBSD

(1/2) > >>

guest64953:
This BSD use the gold linker as the default linker. I tried to get FPC + Laz running on it using the last version of Fpcupdeluxe for it (Don no longer build for it). I don't know why despite ld.bfd already there, even after I replace /usr/bin/ld with ld.bfd, fpc still try to call ld.gold instead, it's unreasonable. I could workaround the linker issue with this script:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---#!/usr/local/bin/bash mv /usr/bin/ld /usr/bin/ld.oldcp /usr/bin/ld.bfd /usr/bin/ldmv /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.gold /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.gold.oldcp /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.bfd /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.gold 
Now fpc picks the new ld.gold (which indeed is ld.bfd) and the linker issue was resolved. The new problem is it failed because missing of unit lnet or something like that as I recall. Both stable or trunk have the same error.

guest64953:
The version from dports worked very well. It means fpc + laz is ready on dfbsd. Why don't we backport their patches to fpc to allow correctly using the corect ld.bfd linker?

https://i.imgur.com/UWD0txh.png

This is laz running happily on dfbsd, installed from pkg. This version is a bit old, though. Don, do you here me? Could you build a version of fpcupdeluxe for dfbsd? It will help me testing newer version of fpc + laz on this OS much easier.

DonAlfredo:
Yes, I will help you.
Bit busy with sanity checks for fpcupdeluxe ...  8)
Will keep you informed.

guest64953:

--- Quote from: hunghung on December 04, 2019, 04:49:49 pm ---This BSD use the gold linker as the default linker. I tried to get FPC + Laz running on it using the last version of Fpcupdeluxe for it (Don no longer build for it). I don't know why despite ld.bfd already there, even after I replace /usr/bin/ld with ld.bfd, fpc still try to call ld.gold instead, it's unreasonable. I could workaround the linker issue with this script:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---#!/usr/local/bin/bash mv /usr/bin/ld /usr/bin/ld.oldcp /usr/bin/ld.bfd /usr/bin/ldmv /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.gold /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.gold.oldcp /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.bfd /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.gold 
Now fpc picks the new ld.gold (which indeed is ld.bfd) and the linker issue was resolved. The new problem is it failed because missing of unit lnet or something like that as I recall. Both stable or trunk have the same error.

--- End quote ---

Use this script to revert the changes made by the above script:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---#!/usr/local/bin/bash rm /usr/bin/ldmv /usr/bin/ld.old /usr/bin/ldrm /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.goldmv /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.gold.old /usr/libexec/binutils227/elf/ld.gold 

guest64953:

--- Quote from: DonAlfredo on December 05, 2019, 03:31:59 pm ---Yes, I will help you.
Bit busy with sanity checks for fpcupdeluxe ...  8)
Will keep you informed.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version