Recent

Author Topic: TVirtualStringTree - poor fonts rendering quality on macOS  (Read 3000 times)

inferno

TVirtualStringTree - poor fonts rendering quality on macOS
« on: December 02, 2019, 03:15:43 pm »
Hi,
I'm trying to use TVirtualStringTree on macOS Mojave/Catalina (64bit, Cocoa) and have problem with poor quality of rendered text. I tried to set all possible Font.Quality values and it always looks a lot worse than all other visual components. The characters are blurred. Is any way to improve that?

Best regards,
Inferno

apeoperaio

Re: TVirtualStringTree - poor fonts rendering quality on macOS
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 05:34:48 pm »
I have similar issue, see here: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=44599.0
I reported as bug ID: 0035279 on 2019-03-26 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35279

wp

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 05:52:37 pm »
Maybe you should add a "Ping" or something like that to the bug report in order to bring it back to the top. Being 9 months old there is a good chance that the report will be forgotten, in particular because it is not assigned to anybody so far.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:54:29 pm by wp »

apeoperaio

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 11:31:16 am »
Thank you wp, but what do you mean with add a "Ping" or something like that? What can I do to bring a bug on the top again?
Anyway I tested trunk on my mac but the text drawing is still not perfect, I added a note on the bug, but not reopened it.
Attached what I get on my mac.

wp

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:57:46 am »
The default views of the bugtracker are sorted by descending date, i.e. newest date at the top. Whenever a change is made the date is updated, and the list is resorted. So, when you change something in your report, e.g. add a comment "ping" or maybe something more descriptive like "Any news?", will move the report up to the top and bring it to the attention of the developers again.

Just adding a comment to a resolved report has a good chance that it will not be noticed. Because the report is still marked as "green" - the developer (well, I am talking of myself here, but others probably will do the same) will not open any green report to look whether anything has been added. Better to re-open the report and, if possible, to set its state to "feedback" which gives is a very prominent color (I am not sure whether you can do the letter step as reporter, but it is important that the green is gone).

apeoperaio

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 02:05:57 pm »
Thank you very much for the explanation.

I reopened the bug  :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018