Recent

Author Topic: How to customize my vanilla Lazarus to be like the one from getlazarus.org?  (Read 1607 times)

guest64953

I'm really like this remix than the vanilla version. I prefer the color scheme and I love the docking by default IDE, too. I'm using anchordockingdsng, too, but my setup nowhere as good as them. The sparkta docked form editor sucked hard for me so I have to remove it, left my lazarus is only partially docked (one IDE window and one Form window)  :)

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Lag behind...
Specialize a type, not a var.

guest64953

Lag behind...

What does this mean?  :o

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
For starters, I do not know what differences there are.
I do not use docking, nor do I have the getlazarus version. So I can only give some guesses.

Maybe they ship an svn version? That is between the official releases, changes are added to svn. Anyone can download those changes. So they could build a release with all those changes.
Note, that 2.0.6 only contains selected (safe fixes) changes. So the total changes start from 2.0.0.

Maybe they have even some patches of their own. IIRC they contributed in the past. So then maybe if they have own changes they will contribute again.

Maybe it is just a configuration issue.

I can only advice you to clearly describe the differences you are looking for.
If they are config, someone may know.

If they are not config or if they are crashes or bugs (in which case config does not matter), then do report them on the tracker. (search first, if they already are there)

If no one reports bugs they will not get fixed.
Afaik that is especially true with Anchor docking, because it may be that none of the core team members uses it in their own setup (I don't that know for sure). So then core team members may never notice until they read a bug report.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Color schemes (if you refer to the code editor) can be imported and exported (if theirs is not in the default 5 schemes).

There are plenty to choose from here: https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/UserSuppliedSchemeSettings

guest64953

Color schemes (if you refer to the code editor) can be imported and exported (if theirs is not in the default 5 schemes).

There are plenty to choose from here: https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/UserSuppliedSchemeSettings

Thank you. Didn't know about this  :-*

TinyPortal © 2005-2018