Recent

Author Topic: Transparent mode bug  (Read 2924 times)

wp

Re: Transparent mode bug
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 06:01:00 pm »
Thanks for the clarification.

jamie

Re: Transparent mode bug
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 08:00:09 pm »
There is no abuse of the files, the last two lines of the image are image information and setup info.

The last two lines are used because they are actually at the start of the image pile..

Years ago we experimented using classes like TImageList, embedded within a Class that also handled the information Indexes etc,. We found it to be a problem if one of these chucks of info got separated or damaged from the images. Plus it was slowwwwww compared to using a 32 bit image.

I need to keep things on the up and up between the two DEV tools because my people I deal with want it this way incase a fall out happens on one side of the street.

So since there are different apps currently being used on these image files they need to stay the same format.

Conventional image viewers are able to see these files and we have documentation notes on the file structure in case they feel the need to make some sort of repair..

I wanted to add another note that using 32 allows for even bound addressing because we have some code that deals with the image directed for special effects that aren't in the GDI libs.

24 bit was used before at the beginning and it was slow, the 32 bit is larger however, the code generated for it is much faster.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:15:17 pm by jamie »
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018