Recent

Author Topic: DIYen a 2D Games Engine  (Read 10412 times)

anyeos

DIYen a 2D Games Engine
« on: November 28, 2019, 02:25:34 am »
Hi guys, I begon the development of a 2D game engine from 2013 and now it is almost complete. I want to share it with all of you.
It is under zlib licence and hosted on github.

https://github.com/Anyeos/DIYen-Games-Engine

It is inspired on DIV Games Studio, a MS-DOS suite to make games for the year 2000 era.
Because that, it is well suited to make 2D arcade games.

Actually it compiles successfully for Android too.

For now I don't have documentation because it was a hard time consuming proyect and actually I don't have all the needed time to do it.

I hope you enjoy and improve it.
Next inclusions may be a newtonian physics engine. It is not too hard to incorporate new code. So if someone want to add more features it will not be a hard work. Almost all the hard work is already done.

Please, study the code, test it, and you will see what I am talking about.

Thank you for reading me.

Note: If have questions you can ask me here.

sash

Re: DIYen a 2D Games Engine
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 01:45:18 pm »
For now I don't have documentation because it was a hard time consuming proyect and actually I don't have all the needed time to do it.

Don't take me wrong, but..
I'm afraid, this is a vital part of any library. If not documentation, but at least samples, showcasing important features.
And you didn't even listed actual engine specs.

I bet you made a good amounts of work, but lack of samples will just bury it among hundreds of similar noname projects.
No one is going to invest his time studying, not knowing in advance what this lib is actually for.
Lazarus 2.0.10 FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2 @ Ubuntu 20.04 XFCE

zelda16bit

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 11:18:43 pm »
Hello anyeos.

I have some questions about DIYen-Games-Engine.

funlw65

• Visual Pin Configurator for Nucleo 64pin boards
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 04:48:20 am »

Don't take me wrong, but..
I'm afraid, this is a vital part of any library. If not documentation, but at least samples, showcasing important features.
And you didn't even listed actual engine specs.

I bet you made a good amounts of work, but lack of samples will just bury it among hundreds of similar noname projects.
No one is going to invest his time studying, not knowing in advance what this lib is actually for.

1. CD with DIV Games Studio 2 (you need it for the examples, textures, sounds, etc.):
https://archive.org/details/div-games-studio-2

2. Repository for DIV Games Studio 3:
https://github.com/DIVGAMES/DIV-Games-Studio

3. Tutorial about installing it on Linux:
https://misjuegosenlinux.blogspot.com/2018/06/div-games-studio-3-nativo-en-linux.html

There you can find a link to a community...

Now that you know what is all about and maybe interested, you can look at @anyeos' code.
FreePascal 3.2.2, C 10.2.1, D 1.24 under Linux(init,musl,glibc), DragonflyBSD, NetBSD
gui: gtk2, qt5, raylib4.x+raygui3.x, nanovg 
tui: freevision, tvision2, termbox2+widgets, finalcut
db: typhoon-1.11...

zelda16bit

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 10:07:02 pm »
Hello funlw65.

I know gemix studio and bennugd and I've used them, but DiYen I don't know how to use it. If you know how to use it I would like you to tell me how. How to install it in Lazarus and some basics to get started. And if you have examples I would appreciate it if you uploaded them to the forum. Best regards

funlw65

• Visual Pin Configurator for Nucleo 64pin boards
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 10:31:04 pm »
Hello funlw65.

I know gemix studio and bennugd and I've used them, but DiYen I don't know how to use it. If you know how to use it I would like you to tell me how. How to install it in Lazarus and some basics to get started. And if you have examples I would appreciate it if you uploaded them to the forum. Best regards

Sorry man, I did not dug deeper than that... I'm quite short on time...
But for me the first step would be to make the C project functional in Linux, following the community and learning (I'm ok with C language)... only then I would start looking at the Pascal project... But you say you are already familiar with the engine and the tools and probably you are proficient in Pascal... 
FreePascal 3.2.2, C 10.2.1, D 1.24 under Linux(init,musl,glibc), DragonflyBSD, NetBSD
gui: gtk2, qt5, raylib4.x+raygui3.x, nanovg 
tui: freevision, tvision2, termbox2+widgets, finalcut
db: typhoon-1.11...

zelda16bit

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 06:00:57 pm »
Thanks for responding. Without documentation that explains the first steps in pascal and examples, impossible to do anything. If there was any way to contact the creator, the problem could be solved with some explanations.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018