Recent

Author Topic: arm-android *.o files to apk? [newbie] using fpcupdeluxe  (Read 1418 times)

d-_-b

arm-android *.o files to apk? [newbie] using fpcupdeluxe
« on: November 20, 2019, 04:04:42 pm »
Goal: Create a application in Lazarus that can be installed on the android platform.

So I created a application in Lazarus by changing my widgetset to `customdrawn` and tell my target compiler to be `arm-android` and so laz compiled a *.o file of my project.

I used fpcupdeluxe to install the arm-android cross compiler and while the `ld` file it sourced could not read my link.res INSERT command I installed my own `ld.bdf` using `./sdkmanager` and got my *.o compiled that way.

But now im not sure how to get that into a apk.

Also what the diff between jvm-android, arm-android and aarch64-android? What platform should I actually target?

I got LAWM installed on my laz ubuntu install but everything is not working atm.

I feel step next would be to get my arm-android object files into a apk and launched  and a emulator or adb it up to a device but im stuck atm.

Btw I tried a clean fpcupdeluxe jvm-android and still got a issue I opened at fpcupdeluxe, any suggestions?

https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/fpcupdeluxe/issues/160

Thanks,
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. mov     ax,0013h
  2. int     10h
Denthor thanks for the vga programming tutorials | Download all tutorials

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: arm-android *.o files to apk? [newbie] using fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 04:29:24 pm »
If you follow the LAMW installation, it should work:
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LAMW

Last time I tried CustomDrawn, it had issue with Android 7 and above (if I remember correctly). And as far as I know there isn't much progress of CustomDrawn development.

I haven't tried but I believe jvm-android should work on most mobile hardware as long as it uses Android. You can also use arm-android, it works for me, it also run on intel-based Android phones.

CC

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 12:39:08 pm »
Development of CostumnDrawn Android apps seems kind of abandoned.  For a long time the apps fail to start above Android 4 or 5.  I have solved the problem causing this, but have not sent it to the Lazarus team yet. After some testing  the framework seems half baked and unstable. (I do not think it is my fix causing the problems, though it is low level.)

With some serious attention CostumnDrawn would be a good solution for the one code base UI to all platforms approach. When I  have the time maybe I will give it a try to revive it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:42:09 pm by CC »

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 01:08:49 pm »
Please do it, I beg you. You don't know how disappointed I was when I learned that CustomDrawn didn't run on my Android phone.  :'(

Castle Game Engine, LAMW and CustomDrawn are the 3 most awesome things in Lazarus.  8-)

CC

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 02:56:51 pm »
Handoko,

I will try to find my fix (or recreate it) and send to the Lazarus team, but right now I am really busy. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018