Recent

Author Topic: losLabs PDF Library  (Read 6095 times)

dgrhoads

losLabs PDF Library
« on: November 18, 2019, 03:20:24 am »
Has anyone had experience with losLab PDF Library?  This is a library of PDF routines written in Delphi.  They claim that it can be fairly easily ported to Lazarus.  I am interested in this for several reasons:  1)  It is being actively supported.  2)  It can rapidly convert PDF files to text files.  3) My expectation is that it will be kept up to date.

The URL for this product is:
https://www.loslab.com/pdf-library/delphi-pdf-library

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: losLabs PDF Library
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:33:05 am »
Their website doesn't mention it supports Lazarus.

Have you tried this:
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/PDF

dgrhoads

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 07:59:20 pm »
Thank you for the suggestions.  The problem with those suggestions is that these PDF libraries create and edit PDF documents.  My interpretation of them is that they are not capable of reading existing PDF documents and converting the contents to human readable text.  Is this interpretation correct?

My understanding is that the losLab PDF library is written in Delphi's pascal and would have to be converted to Lazarus.

wp

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 08:07:42 pm »
Well, this seems to be closed-source software. You must contact the authors of this library whether they can do the adaption to Lazarus (it would be a good marketing argument to support Lazarus!), or you must do it yourself after you bought the sources. Nobody can help you here.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 04:27:08 am »
I haven't tried but I heard pdfiumLib is a free pdf viewer.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,40938.msg303557.html#msg303557

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 10:08:46 am »
What about fpc-pdf, which is - certainly in 3.2.0+ excellent and comes as standard.
Specialize a type, not a var.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 10:13:09 am »
What about fpc-pdf, which is - certainly in 3.2.0+ excellent and comes as standard.

fcl-pdf is also write only.  He wants read-modify-write.

paweld

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 08:24:45 am »
I do not recommend buying LosLab PDFLib because it does not work with Lazarus, and the seller, despite the promise of repair, has not responded to e-mails for several months
Best regards / Pozdrawiam
paweld

440bx

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 08:34:01 am »
My understanding is that the losLab PDF library is written in Delphi's pascal and would have to be converted to Lazarus.
Disclaimer:  I know nothing about that PDF library but... their page says it can be used with any language that can bind to a DLL.  In that case, "converting" it to Lazarus would only consist on making a few modifications to the Delphi bindings.  if that DLL can be used with BASIC, it definitely should be usable using FPC with little effort involved.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

af0815

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 10:45:45 am »
I do not recommend buying LosLab PDFLib because it does not work with Lazarus, and the seller, despite the promise of repair, has not responded to e-mails for several months
No visible activity on their Homepage or Blog. It looks actual dead/unmainted.
regards
Andreas

paweld

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 12:51:51 pm »
Before and immediately after the purchase, there was contact with the seller, but after LosLab promised to improve the component so that it would work with Lazarus, unfortunately there was no contact.
Best regards / Pozdrawiam
paweld

jamie

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 01:53:06 pm »
Do you buy a car, fully pay for it, get the title handed to you and then decide to take it for a ride the first time and find out there is no engine or drive train in it? %)

Sales love those kinds of deals no matter what they are pushing! :o
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018