Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] How to correctly install FPC + Lazarus on FreeBSD?  (Read 3365 times)

guest64953

[SOLVED] How to correctly install FPC + Lazarus on FreeBSD?
« on: November 15, 2019, 09:23:07 am »
I installed FPC using pkg. I found there are many fpc-* packages out there but it only install just fpc. The installed fpc can't compile my test program, it said it can't find ld.bfd. I uninstalled fpc and I think if I install Lazarus it will install all the of needed dependencies. I installed the gtk2 version. It turned out to be wrong.

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. New packages to be INSTALLED:
  2.         lazarus-gtk2: 2.0.4_1
  3.         mpfr: 4.0.2
  4.         binutils: 2.32_1,1
  5.         fpc-utils: 3.0.4_4
  6.         fpc-source: 3.0.4_1
  7.         gdb: 8.3.1
  8.         source-highlight: 3.1.8_8

You see, it even not list the fpc compiler! So I canceled because I know even if I proceeded to install it, it will not work  :(

guest64953

Re: [SOLVED] How to correctly install FPC + Lazarus on FreeBSD?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 05:30:17 am »
  1. sudo pkg install fpc fpc-base fpc-units fpc-source fpc-docs gdb lazarus-gtk2

guest64953

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 03:00:14 pm »
  1. sudo pkg install fpc fpc-base fpc-units fpc-source fpc-docs gdb lazarus-gtk2

In other to rebuild the ide we also have to install the fpc-regexpr package.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 02:06:34 am »
If that's a missing dependency, as it appears to be, then you should log a bug against the port at https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/ so that it gets fixed.

guest64953

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 08:02:37 am »
If that's a missing dependency, as it appears to be, then you should log a bug against the port at https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/ so that it gets fixed.

The fpc-regexpr is already available as a port and package. It's just not listed as an dependency of fpc-units, which in turn not listed as an dependency of lazarus-gtk2. It's weird, fpc itself even not listed as an dependency of lazarus-gtk2.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018