Recent

Author Topic: Map Viewer for Lazarus 2.0.4  (Read 5762 times)

ranny

Re: Map Viewer for Lazarus 2.0.4
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 04:29:24 pm »
I had a fresh install on a new laptop and tried mapviewer before Synapse, that's when I had the error and on another laptop where Synapse (I think) was already installed, same error.

Most strange.

wp

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 04:56:32 pm »
Can you install any other third-party components?

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 09:36:21 pm »
Most strange.
Even stranger is that you ask for help and you ignore helping instructions. That cuts me out of this thread.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

ranny

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 10:08:43 am »
avra, I don't know how you think I ignored helping instructions, if you read through I am following where appropriate.  Your last post regarding Synapse - I had not installed it and as per another post this should not be required to at least install the mapviewer.  Thanks for your support.

ranny

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 10:14:01 am »
wp - I have not had the need for any other third party components so haven't tried.  This is the only one that has been of interest to me.  I did manage an install of mapviewer some time ago, maybe 2 years or so back, and it was fine.  I actually have another older laptop never had lazarus on it.  So I installed on that one, followed the instructions, same result.  Could there be a problem with the files I downloaded from sourceforge.net?

wp

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 10:47:20 am »
No idea...

Go to the laptop on which you installed the current Lazarus release. Load lazmapviewerpkg.lpk and press Compile in the package editor dialog - does the compilation of the package complete successfully? If yes, proceed and click "Use" > "Install". DECLINE the question to rebuild Lazarus. Close the package editor. Go to "Tools" > "Configure "Build Lazarus"". In the "Clean up" box check "Clean all" and "Switch after building to automatically". Click "Build" - it should work and complete the recompilation of the IDE including MapViewer, I did it many, many times. If it does not you must rename the file "Lazarus.old.exe" to "Lazarus.exe" (in your Lazarus installation) in order to restore the Lazarus version before attempting to install MapViewer.

A good candidate to explain abnormal behavior is the AntiVirus system installed. Always put the Lazarus and your project folders on the white-list of the virus scanner. Antivirus companies often detect FPC and its tools as malware because they are not widely used. You may also try to turn off AV during recompilation of the IDE, the process I described above.  Get rid of any commercial scanner, and stick to the built-in scanner coming with Win 10; it has the least interference with Laz/FPC and is sufficiently good for protection (some tests even say it's better than the commericals, but I don't trust tests...).

ranny

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 11:34:48 am »
Thanks for your help with this.

I have started afresh and start lazarus with new project.  opened the lazmapviewerpkg.lpk and it wont compile, just the same message that "LazarusPackageIntf" cannot be found.

Just for information, when I go to download the files from sourceforge.net, the only option I see to download all files is the "download snapshot" facility.  If I look at the file lazmapviewerpkg.pas in my downloaded files and compare directly to the same file on the site, they are different.

wp

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 05:24:58 pm »
Now that I know how you get the package, we're getting closer...

Download the snapshot from https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/lazmapviewer/ and try again. Now the package files are stored in the old package format - several months ago the format of the package xml files was changed; old Lazarus versions cannot read these files correctly. There is a "maximize compatibility" flag in the package options which stores the files in the old format to make them usable also in non-trunk versions. This flag was not set...

ranny

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 09:16:37 am »
That's it!  Worked perfectly, no issues installing and it looks like all is well.

Thank you very much for helping me with this, very much appreciated.  Using the demo I tried opening a GPX file and it crashed but suspect the file format has issues which I can investigate.

Again, many thanks.   

TinyPortal © 2005-2018