Recent

Author Topic: error message when using the help db in System  (Read 95 times)

davesimplewear

• Davids Freeware
error message when using the help db in System
« on: November 09, 2019, 02:46:29 am »
the message below is what I get when trying to open the help file,this is the first  time it has happenedwhen using the followig code.
Code:
uses section
uses
  Classes, SysUtils, FileUtil, RxAboutDialog, rxctrls, Forms, Controls,
  Graphics, Dialogs, Menus, ComCtrls, ExtCtrls, Buttons, DbCtrls, StdCtrls,
  EditBtn, LazHelpHTML, HelpIntfs, DB;
 listing in components used
    HelpBrowser: THTMLBrowserHelpViewer;
    HelpDb: THTMLHelpDatabase;
in body code
procedure TmenuDlg.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
 const
  HelpShortcut = 'F1';
begin
  helpDB.BaseURL:='file://html';
end;
procedure TmenuDlg.miContentsClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
 ShowHelpOrErrorForKeyword('','HTML/index.html');
end;
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:49:36 am by davesimplewear »
All things considered insanity seems the best option

jamie

Re: error message when using the help db in System
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 03:13:26 pm »
You don't give us a lot of information here ?

Does this error happen during startup or does it happen when you initiate the Help using F1 or
a button click ?

Also, you can step trace this using debugger to see exactly where it goes wrong and maybe I can get fixed, but don't count on it..

I recently had to fix the Windows port due to it not property using the shell links to detect a wide browser, I fixed by putting in conditional code to test for the Shell string and then call ShellExcute instead of TProcess which is a failure with Shell Links of course..

But that didn't get excepted although all my PC's down to a W2k all past the test using various browsers.

In your case, I think this is maybe a little difference since the code is conditionally compiled for Linux or maybe there is a problem with the BIn files not being correct as I have seen lately where the BINS don't match the source files.

Could you try doing a clean build all of the LCL / Lazarus files ?

I notice it's your Person Information Manager that is taking a hit here? Could it be that it is having problems determining your browser and does not abort with proper errors ?

Btw, these codes depends on a working Web Browser, you can also indicate a direct path to a known browser in the properties.
Number 1 at blue screen app creations!