Recent

Author Topic: exeinfo.pp can't take address of constant expressions  (Read 2898 times)

abtaylr

Re: exeinfo.pp can't take address of constant expressions
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 05:33:43 pm »
The heart of the problem is this unit pops up whenever I compile. I don't know where it is coming from. If I put BreakPoint on 'begin' or 'program' or 'uses 'in the project file, immediately after hitting build or compile this unit pops up. There is nothing in this project that points to this unit.

In case something is corrupted, I have recompiled FPC and Lazarus from a fresh download.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:37:53 pm by abtaylr »

howardpc

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 07:45:43 pm »
There is nothing in this project that points to this unit.
There is.
I think it probably arises from the various linkxxxx.res files in your project (combined with the {$R *.res} in your .lpr), none of which should be needed at all.
Because each of them includes a requirement for a .dll they are a nonsense on any Linux implementation, even if you thought they were needed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:47:39 pm by howardpc »

abtaylr

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 09:15:51 pm »
I deleted all of the *.res files. There were leftovers from the Windows implementation. I had just ignored them.

Unfortunately, I am still getting the same error . . .

I also deleted my project file and setup a new project importing all of the units from the old, but that didn't help.

jamie

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 11:01:07 pm »
Lets assume that a blank project with just a form that has no code compiles and links error free..

If this is the case then, load your problematic project and look in the Project Inspector, check to see what packages you have listed as a required package.

On mine an empty project list only the LCL, how about yours ?
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

abtaylr

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 03:26:59 am »
I did mine slightly different, I added one unit at a time. A couple of the units popped up the error, so I deleted them from the project then starting from a fresh unit added the code back onto the new form. End of problem.

Thank you all for your time and thoughts.

abt

TinyPortal © 2005-2018