Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release 2.0.6  (Read 80125 times)

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.6
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2019, 02:19:14 pm »
I've tested qt and qt5 under ubuntu 19.10 today and all I can say it works out of the box (default ubuntu 19.10) installation. Haven't tested with wayland since x11 is started as default. Even libQt5Pas is recent 1.2.7 version :)

FPC/Laz installed from Repo or from deb's?
Asking because i don't know if install from deb's forces dependency-install of libqt5pas

Fpc 3.2.0 (fixes) + lazarus trunk installed with fpcupdeluxe, manually installed qt5pas with apt-get.

del

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2019, 05:38:01 pm »
I'm using Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa. Ever since 1.8 I've been installing Lazarus using the .deb downloads from SourceForge - with gdebi-gtk. My problem with 2.0.6 is I get this error when I build:

Error: Internal error 200611031

At line 469 of /usr/share/lazarus/2.0.6/lcl/controls.pp.

Here's the code (build stops/breaks at constructor Create(AControl: TControl); override;

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.   { TDragObjectEx }
  3.   TDragObjectEx = class(TDragObject)
  4.   public
  5.     constructor Create(AControl: TControl); override;
  6.   end;

So I'll uninstall 2.0.6 and reinstall 2.0.4. But if there's a way I can fix this let me know. It looks like this problem has come up before. I hope I don't "have a f*cked up install" cuz that sounds pretty f*cking serioso. Clean up and build ... doesn't help. The fpc amd64 debs haven't changed since my last successful build of laz-proj 2.0.4.

del

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2019, 06:40:54 pm »
Fixed it - you gotta move fast around me. I just made this little change as root "sudo":

1. //added this comment ...
  2.   { TDragObjectEx }
  4.   TDragObjectEx = class(TDragObject)
  5.   public
  6.     constructor Create(AControl: TControl); override;
  7.   end;

See the magic C++ comment? It was more powerful than the Voodoo that was breaking the build. Now I'm rocking 2.0.6 style. With the AnchorDocking stuff - that's really cool.
 :D

BeniBela

• homepage
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2019, 07:37:44 pm »
I'm using Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa. Ever since 1.8 I've been installing Lazarus using the .deb downloads from SourceForge - with gdebi-gtk. My problem with 2.0.6 is I get this error when I build:

Error: Internal error 200611031

At line 469 of /usr/share/lazarus/2.0.6/lcl/controls.pp.

That number looks familiar

jamie

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2019, 11:27:24 pm »
@del

So you triggered a change in a file there by forcing a rebuild of the files and now it works.

that tells me the BIN files don't match the source files, I've seen this before.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

del

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2019, 12:30:30 am »
@del

So you triggered a change in a file there by forcing a rebuild of the files and now it works.

that tells me the BIN files don't match the source files, I've seen this before.
I was just throwing the dice - somebody somewhere else mentioned that deleting some blank lines allowed a successful build. I added the comment with the same idea, thinking that maybe an uninitialized variable would take on a different random value and the error wouldn't happen. I can repeat the condition with another install if that would help answer any questions. At any rate I'm a happy camper.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2019, 12:50:03 am »
I was just throwing the dice - somebody somewhere else mentioned that deleting some blank lines allowed a successful build. I added the comment with the same idea, thinking that maybe an uninitialized variable would take on a different random value and the error wouldn't happen. I can repeat the condition with another install if that would help answer any questions. At any rate I'm a happy camper.
"make clean" would have done it.

The compiler compiles each units, and maintains ppu files (with checksums to know when they are outdated).
And (most likely) something goes wrong there. A ppu is outdated, but not detected. It could be circular, then changing this file may affect the other ppu.

It is hard to say exactly what happens, since it happens at random.

If you have exact steps, how to reproduce on a system on which there never ever before was any fpc or Lazarus (maybe a fresh installed OS), then you should report it with those steps on the fpc bugtracker.

del

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2019, 01:09:27 am »
"make clean" would have done it.

The compiler compiles each units, and maintains ppu files (with checksums to know when they are outdated).
And (most likely) something goes wrong there. A ppu is outdated, but not detected. It could be circular, then changing this file may affect the other ppu.

It is hard to say exactly what happens, since it happens at random.

If you have exact steps, how to reproduce on a system on which there never ever before was any fpc or Lazarus (maybe a fresh installed OS), then you should report it with those steps on the fpc bugtracker.
I do "make clean" several times each day at work for C++ stuff. I didn't know it was an option with Lazarus. I did try "Clean up and Build ...". I'm probably not gonna have a fresh OS in a while, but I'm curious about the "make clean" for future reference. I'll uninstall  and reinstall 2.0.6 to see if the problem comes back. Then I'll try "make clean". Not sure how to do that but one step at a time.

del

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2019, 01:38:28 am »
OK guys, I not gonna consume any more of your time with this. I uninstalled 2.0.6, then installed 2.0.4 and had the same problem (which I didn't have before). Running "sudo make clean" then "sudo make" in /usr/share/lazarus/2.0.4 didn't fix it. But changing the file did:

1. //now problem with 2.0.4
  2.   { TDragObjectEx }
  4.   TDragObjectEx = class(TDragObject)
  5.   public
  6.     constructor Create(AControl: TControl); override;
  7.   end;

At any rate I'm having peculiar problems and I have a peculiar cure. Life goes on. I'll now successfully go back to 2.0.6 using my peculiar method. Lazarus is great - don't take any of this as criticism.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2019, 01:58:01 am »
I do "make clean" several times each day at work for C++ stuff. I didn't know it was an option with Lazarus. I did try "Clean up and Build ...". I'm probably not gonna have a fresh OS in a while, but I'm curious about the "make clean" for future reference. I'll uninstall  and reinstall 2.0.6 to see if the problem comes back. Then I'll try "make clean". Not sure how to do that but one step at a time.
If the error is in LCL or packages, you can open the package, and from the toolbar "more" choose "recompile clean".

That may not be enough if it is dependent packages.... Go to menu Tools > Configure build Lazarus.
And there is a radio box "clean all" and you can rebuild the IDE, and with it most packages.

del

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2019, 09:05:35 am »
That may not be enough if it is dependent packages.... Go to menu Tools > Configure build Lazarus.
And there is a radio box "clean all" and you can rebuild the IDE, and with it most packages.

THIS worked. There was a standard TCheckBox "Clean common files". I checked that and the build went fine. Thanks for the great advice!
 :)

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2019, 01:08:28 pm »
But changing the file did:

I have the same issue regurarly in some win32wsmenus.pp (happens almost everytime I edit grids.pas and thenrebuild LCL).
What helps for me is just adding an invalid token (e.g. an 'X') at the point the caret is in that file (win32wsmenus.pp)
Recompile -> syntax error.
Remove the invalid token
Recompile: OK.

It's faster than doing a clean build.

Bart

nouzi

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2019, 02:41:37 pm »

I have the same issue regurarly in some win32wsmenus.pp (happens almost everytime I edit grids.pas and thenrebuild LCL).
What helps for me is just adding an invalid token (e.g. an 'X') at the point the caret is in that file (win32wsmenus.pp)
Remove the invalid token

Bart

Woow :o :o :o
My English is  bad
Lazarus last version free pascal last version
Lazarus trunk  free pascal trunk 
System : Linux mint  64bit  Windows 7 64bit

del

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2019, 08:33:35 pm »

Remove the invalid token

Bart

I love learning the Old Indian Tricks.

nouzi

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2019, 11:55:28 pm »

Remove the invalid token

Bart

I love learning the Old Indian Tricks.

Good for sher this trick  O:-)
My English is  bad
Lazarus last version free pascal last version
Lazarus trunk  free pascal trunk