Recent

Author Topic: Questions about a new Calendar component.  (Read 67666 times)

linuxer

• Systemd kills Linux Freedom Move to Artix Linux
    • Linuxer
Re: Questions about a new Calendar component.
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2018, 03:47:46 pm »
Thank  you for the additional info.

It is a very nice component.

Unfortunately there isn't or I could not find any example for the onDateChange event yet, of how to get the dates from the selected date(s).

Still looking....

Any further assistance will be appreciated.

CalLite is an interesting example of a control that was developed entirely by contributors to this forum, attempting to meet a need originally expressed by a hobby programmer living in Israel who could not find a Pascal calendar component that could cope with Hebrew (right to left script). It is easy to trace the history of its development here.

wp, who maintains CalLite, has managed to weave together the best ideas from several contributors, and also documented the result.

Of course, as with all open source code, the ultimate documentation is the source itself.

wp

« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2018, 03:57:29 pm »
Of course, as with all open source code, the ultimate documentation is the source itself.
Did you look at the source code? CTLR+Left click on TCalendarLite, and the IDE opens the unit in which the component is created. Scroll down to the public section of the interface part, and you'll see the methods related to selection of dates:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.     procedure AddSelectedDate(ADate: TDate);
  2.     procedure ClearSelectedDates;
  3.     function IsSelected(ADate: TDate): Boolean;
  4.     function SelectedDates: TCalDateArray;
Of course, this should go into the wiki. But be warned: the wiki or any non-source documentation will never be up to date.

[EDIT]
It is in the wiki now: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/CalLite#Multi-selection

[EDIT 2]
And I added a demo for multi-selection of dates (see folder demo3 of the CalLite installation).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 04:33:18 pm by wp »

linuxer

• Linuxer
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2018, 04:07:29 pm »
Thank you very much!!!  :) :) :)

Did you look at the source code? CTLR+Left click on TCalendarLite, and the IDE opens the unit in which the component is created. Scroll down to the public section of the interface part, and you'll see the methods related to selection of dates:
Of course, this should go into the wiki. But be warned: the wiki or any non-source documentation will never be up to date.

wp

« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2018, 10:12:24 pm »
Resizing of the month/year navigation buttons is now supported by means of the new properties ButtonWidth and ButtonHeight. The value 0 restores the old size.

linuxer

• Linuxer
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2018, 10:43:14 pm »
Thank you.

My previous suggestion according arrows custom sizing was addressed to Ñuño_Martínez for his calendar component.

Resizing of the month/year navigation buttons is now supported by means of the new properties ButtonWidth and ButtonHeight. The value 0 restores the old size.

linuxer

• Linuxer
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2018, 11:54:21 am »
Thank you very much for the additional (EDIT) info!  :D :D :D :D

Regards

[EDIT]
It is in the wiki now: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/CalLite#Multi-selection

[EDIT 2]
And I added a demo for multi-selection of dates (see folder demo3 of the CalLite installation).

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2018, 12:23:19 pm »
Awaiting your feedback regarding the multi-language support.

Could you add a setproperty, in order to have diffirent size (Width x Height) of the arrows, too?

Regards
I take a note and I'll see how to add it.

Anyway I don't know when it will be done as I'm pretty busy right now, but updating my components is the next thing in my TODO list.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

linuxer

• Linuxer
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2019, 11:06:41 am »
Forgot to leave a screenshot from my namedays (Greek Christian Orthodox Feasts) application.

Really appreciate.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018