Recent

Author Topic: Allegro-Pascal FPC Installation (Win32)  (Read 1155 times)

ZoriaRPG

Allegro-Pascal FPC Installation (Win32)
« on: October 09, 2019, 10:52:08 pm »
[...]

Hello Ñuño,

I finally got around to starting to set up Allegro-Pascal (4.4.4) with Laz, and I have a a question regarding setup with the Windows fpc compiler.

The docs that I found, state this:
  • On Windows systems it should be inside the directory where you installed FPC or Lazarus. If you installed Lazarus there should be a subdirectory named “fpc”.

That gives me only part of the information that I need, to ensure that A-P is always available to Laz/fpc.

My fpc is at:

Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. c:/lazarus/fpc

Where under this do I want allegro.pas?

Do I want one of the following?

1. C:/lazarus/fpc/allegro.pas
  2. C:/lazarus/fpc/3.0.2/allegro.pas

...or inside one of the subdirectories?

I have:

1. ./fpc/3.0.2
  2.     bin/
  3.     fpmkinst/
  4.     msg/
  5.     source/
  6.     units/

I want A-P to be available to all of my projects. My present goal is small: I want to be able to read Allegro 4 PACKFILE format in my programmes, but my future goals will be more expansive.

On another note, it'd be nice to support Allegro Legacy for Pascal, in the future. (It bridges Ag4 and Ag5.)

I would also like to see some sample Pascal programmes using the lib, so that I can see how to access its headers and contents. e.g., the Allegro 'fix' type stuff, the BITMAP datatype, and so forth.

What I am doing at present, is expanding my existing Laz utilities for Zelda Classic to further integrate them for the purpose of creating and editing modular components, and possibly making a small graphical editor for Allegro 8bbp indexed graphics.

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:57:43 pm by ZoriaRPG »

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: Allegro-Pascal FPC Installation (Win32)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 11:48:33 am »
Hi ZoriaRPG.

The Allegro units should be in the "units" directory.  On my Windows system it is at "c:/lazarus/fpc/3.0.4/units/i386-win32/".  I've created a directory named "allegro" and put files inside.

I didn't used Allegro 4.4 a long time ago.  I know they did an update a few time ago.  Let me know if it works. :)

I would also like to see some sample Pascal programmes using the lib, so that I can see how to access its headers and contents. e.g., the Allegro 'fix' type stuff, the BITMAP datatype, and so forth.
AFAIK nobody actually used Allegro.pas 4, except myself.  You may find a list of my uses in this FPC thread.  Note that some use version 5.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 11:54:22 am by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

TinyPortal © 2005-2018