Recent

Author Topic: Preliminary support for avrMega 0 series controllers  (Read 1435 times)

ccrause

Preliminary support for avrMega 0 series controllers
« on: September 29, 2019, 08:36:08 pm »
Having received my first avrMega 0 series controller (atmega4809 Curiosity Nano development board) this weekend I decided to update the compiler to support this chip family.  I have done some work on this previously, but without a test controller it is a bit like flying in the dark.  Note that this is not yet an official addition to the compiler source tree, that usually takes quite a while (if it is accepted).  Compiler source can be found here.

A note on the Curiosity Nano board - it is quite simple to load a program onto the atmega, the board has a virtual drive and one simply copy the hex file into this drive and it gets programmed.  I haven't yet figured out how to program this board with avrdude or how to debug it via gdb.

A simple demo with interrupts (timer & pin change) and USART transmit can be found here.

MiR

Re: Preliminary support for avrMega 0 series controllers
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 09:59:17 pm »
Thank you very much!

When I remember correctly debugging works with mdb debugger (Part of microchip's MPLABX), I also own one of those curiosity boards, will check tomorrow....

Do you want me to build Windows/Mac compiler for fpcupdeluxe?

Michael

ccrause

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 10:36:09 pm »
Thank you very much!

When I remember correctly debugging works with mdb debugger (Part of microchip's MPLABX), I also own one of those curiosity boards, will check tomorrow....

Yes, debugging works via MPLABX, but I prefer Lazarus.

Do you want me to build Windows/Mac compiler for fpcupdeluxe?

Michael
If you think there is a need, yes. Do you need a Linux compiler? Users should just appreciate that the controller unit configuration for this particular family is not finalised yet.

MiR

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 11:12:24 pm »
A while ago I have started a program named 'mdbproxy', trying to map gdbserver commands to mdb commands, from my investigations all functionality should be there to enable the emulation of a gdbserver.

I did not finish coding and forgot about the project, if you are interested I can upload the project to github and we can work on it together.

Michael

ccrause

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 07:53:57 am »
A while ago I have started a program named 'mdbproxy', trying to map gdbserver commands to mdb commands, from my investigations all functionality should be there to enable the emulation of a gdbserver.

I did not finish coding and forgot about the project, if you are interested I can upload the project to github and we can work on it together.

Michael

Thanks Michael, I'll appreciate that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018