Recent

Author Topic: groupping multiple chm books into one.  (Read 827 times)

BSaidus

• lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
groupping multiple chm books into one.
« on: September 22, 2019, 01:56:47 pm »
hello.
I seek a tool to merger multiple chm documents ( books) into one.
(even if it is paied one ).
thanks.
lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
dhukmucmur vernadh!

wp

Re: groupping multiple chm books into one.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 02:19:18 pm »
Did not try it, but you could check out the chmls program which is in the packages/chm folder of fpc, extract all the files from the chm files to be combined, adapt the hhp project file and recompile everything into the new chm.

Less manual work, but more expensive: HelpNDoc has a menu option to import existing chm files (and even old hlp files - but this never worked for me). I never tried it to the end though to see whether the combined chm file is usable, though.

HelpNDoc is commercial, but they have a version which is free for personal use (no idea if it supports the import). Occasionally they sell a reduced professional version via www.bitsdujour.com (this is where I got my own license from).

BSaidus

• lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
Re: groupping multiple chm books into one.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 03:18:26 pm »
Did not try it, but you could check out the chmls program which is in the packages/chm folder of fpc, extract all the files from the chm files to be combined, adapt the hhp project file and recompile everything into the new chm.

Less manual work, but more expensive: HelpNDoc has a menu option to import existing chm files (and even old hlp files - but this never worked for me). I never tried it to the end though to see whether the combined chm file is usable, though.

HelpNDoc is commercial, but they have a version which is free for personal use (no idea if it supports the import). Occasionally they sell a reduced professional version via www.bitsdujour.com (this is where I got my own license from).

Thank you, I will try manually.
lazarus 1.8.4 Win8.1 / cross FreeBSD
dhukmucmur vernadh!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018