Recent

Author Topic: Identifier not found "TCocoaTextView"  (Read 1228 times)

WildMan

Identifier not found "TCocoaTextView"
« on: September 16, 2019, 02:10:41 am »
I've installed the latest releases of FPC and Lazarus and I followed the instructions I found at  https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cocoa_Interface to compile my mac app to run on as a 64-bit app:

Open your project with Lazarus and click Project/Project Options
    In the "Config and Target" panel set the "Target CPU family" to be "x86_64"
    In the "Additions and Overrides" panel click on "Set LCLWidgetType" pulldown and set the value to "Cocoa"
    In the past, for some reason Lazarus kept setting the compiler to "/usr/local/bin/ppc386" - which results in 32 bit apps. Make sure under Tools->Options that "Compiler Executable" is set to "/usr/local/bin/fpc" to get 64 bit apps.
    Now compile your project - with any luck it will work OK.

However, I keep getting this compiler message:   "cocoarichmemo.pas(16,30) Error: Identifier not found "TCocoaTextView"

So it won't compile the unit CocoaRichMemo.  It seems like I'm missing a path in my configuration but I'm at a loss (forgive me, I'm a mostly PC guy so this is a bit of a challenge)

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
Re: Identifier not found "TCocoaTextView"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 05:35:52 am »
try to add "CocoaTextEdits" to the users section of cocoarichmemo unit

WildMan

Re: Identifier not found "TCocoaTextView"
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 08:12:23 am »
That worked in that it went past that line but now it's stopping on line 188 of CocoRichMemo.pas with an error "Identifier not found: TCocoaScrollView".  It seems I can compile a 64-bit app as long as I don't include a RichMemo component or Graphics32 which are both 3rd party components.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:58:36 am by WildMan »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018