Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus and cross-compilation  (Read 1628 times)

MarkMLl

Lazarus and cross-compilation
« on: September 11, 2019, 08:37:50 pm »
Working on Debian "Buster" AMD64 with Lazarus 2.1.0 and FPC 3.0.4, with Debian's multi-arch installed and installed. No known configuration problems compiling and running 64-bit programs.

A simple LCL program cross-compiled to i386 runs without problems, but a more complex one using TAChart and a few TPaintboxes fails with

[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
  Sender=Exception
  Exception=Could not load OpenGL from libGL.so.1
  Stack trace:
  $088F8F43  LOADOPENGL,  line 1895 of ./opengl/src/gl.pp
  $088FAF47  GL_$$_init$,  line 2273 of ./opengl/src/gl.pp
  $084F9271  fpc_initializeunits,  line 886 of /usr/local/src/fpc/fpcbuild-3.0.4/fpcsrc/rtl/inc/system.inc
  $084E0FDA  main,  line 81 of dsocat.lpr
Exception at 088F8F43: Exception:
Could not load OpenGL from libGL.so.1.

ldd output doesn't show anything unexpected.

I know that this is an issue that others have seen in the past, but have yet to see a definitive solution. Has anybody actually cracked it?

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

jamie

Re: Lazarus and cross-compilation
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 08:46:14 pm »
somewhere you included the GL library which most likely is failing due to not being installed I guess.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

MarkMLl

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 09:32:36 pm »
somewhere you included the GL library which most likely is failing due to not being installed I guess.

It's definitely not imported explicitly, and I've tried installing Debian's libopengl0:i386 which didn't change the symptom.

What's more, as I've already said, ldd output didn't show anything missing,

MarkMLl

wp

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 10:55:12 pm »
A simple LCL program cross-compiled to i386 runs without problems, but a more complex one using TAChart and a few TPaintboxes fails with [...]
I thought that TAChart by itself does not use OpenGL and its OpenGL drawingbackend is contained in a separate package. But this is not true...

Please open the TAChartLazarusPackage.lpk file and remove the units TADrawerOpenGL and TAOpenGL from the file list. Recompile the package (or better: do a clean recompilation of the IDE) and try again. Report back if this fixes the issue.

MarkMLl

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 09:31:56 am »
Please open the TAChartLazarusPackage.lpk file and remove the units TADrawerOpenGL and TAOpenGL from the file list. Recompile the package (or better: do a clean recompilation of the IDE) and try again. Report back if this fixes the issue.

I'll try that and report back, but it will probably take me a couple of days due to other commitments.

MarkMLl

MarkMLl

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 06:31:22 pm »

Yes, that fixes it with full recompilation from latest trunk. Only noteworthy thing is that when switching from debugging 64-bit to debugging 32-bit the debugger needs to be reset.

I anticipated that getting trunk recompiled might take me a bit longer than it actually did, since I had to go back to Debian "Stretch's" repository to get a copy of libqt4pas-dev ("Buster" has moved on to libqt5pas-dev).

MarkMLl

TinyPortal © 2005-2018