Recent

Author Topic: Cell editors for grid controls  (Read 675 times)

jamie

Cell editors for grid controls
« on: September 12, 2019, 05:49:21 pm »

I would like to know if there are any more CellEditors already in the laz library somewhere ?

The picklist,ellipse and standard edit isn't enough for my app. I can write a cell editor because I've done that before but before I go on that journey I would like to know if exist a unit with additional Cell editors in the libs I can look at?

I want like check box list, a normal listbox  and so on.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

jamie

Re: Cell editors for grid controls
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 04:32:16 pm »
I studied the propEditors for the OI and it seems they are over kill and specifically designed for the LCL OI only. My opinion about the OI editors it looks like it got off on the wrong foot years ago but that is nether here or there.

So my goal now is to use the TcompositeCellEditor as a base and build a library of editors that look and feel like the property editors.

I believe that an editor should be flexible in use as for where it resides on the surface, a CELL, TListNode or TTreeNode or just a plain surface.

With that in mind, it would be easy for anyone to build on top of that their own custom OI or Grid editing component or just place a specific editor in the middle of the swamp.

Also, I think I may create my own OI base Tree where nested/Branching is naturally inherent of its design from the main to the very last grandchild and so on.

Thanks for listening to my future plans that are already in the works..

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:34:18 pm by jamie »
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018