Recent

Author Topic: Mac Lazarus 64 bit, hints dont show in dialogs inside of TPanel  (Read 1760 times)

yazzdi

Mac Lazarus 64 bit, hints dont show in dialogs inside of TPanel
« on: September 07, 2019, 05:18:53 am »
Mac Lazarus 2.0.4. 64 bit (latest version, not the trunk).
I'm having trouble getting yellow text hints to show in dialogs, when in controls (e.g. TButton) that are within a TPanel. The TButton hints work fine directly on the TForm, and inside a TGroupBox.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. For example, for the TButton I set ShowHint to true and set the Hint:= 'Some Text';   
- Am I supposed to also set something like ParentShowHint in the TButton, or am I supposed to set something in the TPanel?

These worked in 32 bit Carbon LCL as I recall.

Dmitry24

Re: Mac Lazarus 64 bit, hints dont show in dialogs inside of TPanel
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 06:09:19 pm »
I have the same issue when TPanel is used (no matter dialogs or the main form, Lazarus 2.1.0). Hints were not shown for toolbar, pagecontrol, something else until I removed TPanel.

There was no problem on a Windows platform, and there was also a problem for pagecontrol for Linux GTK2 interface for me. Onshowhint method was also not working. Actually I found TPanel was excess in my app.

devEric69

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 04:06:29 pm »
For information, on my computer (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS + GTK2 + Lazarus 2.0.4 + fpc 3.0.4), the Hint property of a control is visible, whether the control is placed over a TPanel container, or directly over the TForm, if its property ShowHint=True and its property ParentShowHint=False (same thing for the hints of the controls of a TDialogXyz, also placed on a TPanel).

So, I don't think it's a GTK2 problem.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 04:12:25 pm by devEric69 »
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

geraldholdsworth

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 11:30:40 am »
Mac Lazarus 2.0.4. 64 bit (latest version, not the trunk).
I'm having trouble getting yellow text hints to show in dialogs, when in controls (e.g. TButton) that are within a TPanel. The TButton hints work fine directly on the TForm, and inside a TGroupBox.

I've had the same issue, and also a TEdit not being editable. For some reason this appears to fix both issues:
Project -> Project Options
Navigate to Application page (top one).
Tick Use manifest resource (and enable themes), under For Windows
Change the DPI Awareness to on (True)
Tick the UI Access

I also filled out the Name and Description, but I'm not sure if that will have an effect.

I'm using 2.0.10 on Mac OS X 10.13.6 with a project imported from Delphi 10.3 on Windows.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018