Recent

Author Topic: Use of IDE  (Read 1322 times)

John_Nicol

Use of IDE
« on: September 05, 2019, 03:12:06 am »
I have a recurring and very annoying problem with the IDE loading up either an application file - form and/or unit  file that has been in use recently or a New Application with blank form.  When I am editing the unit I have loaded, and run it, the compiler grabs the unwanted blank form.  How can I get rid of these extra, free loading, applications which prevent use of the IDE without considerable effort to hide them?  Thank you

valdir.marcos

Re: Use of IDE
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 06:04:42 am »
I have a recurring and very annoying problem with the IDE loading up either an application file - form and/or unit  file that has been in use recently or a New Application with blank form.  When I am editing the unit I have loaded, and run it, the compiler grabs the unwanted blank form.  How can I get rid of these extra, free loading, applications which prevent use of the IDE without considerable effort to hide them?  Thank you
If I could understand you correctly, you are talking about a current feature of Lazarus IDE:
Compile unit without project
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,46354.msg330080.html#msg330080

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Use of IDE
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 10:35:17 am »
I am not sure what you are describing, or what you try to do.

But in case that:
You are trying to edit a single *.pas file and then trying to compile it.

The IDE is build to always require a project open. You can not close the project without opening a new one.
So if you close all the open editors, and load your file -> the project that was last open is still open (even if not visible).

If your *.pas file is a "program" then make it a project of its own?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018