Recent

Author Topic: Delphi CE expired license  (Read 4551 times)

krolikbest

Delphi CE expired license
« on: September 03, 2019, 12:55:02 pm »
Hello,

like the subject. Yesterday was the very last day of my valid license for Delphi Community Edition. However it would be nice to gain a new one. But how - is the question? There is no or very little infos about that. Maybe one of you did it and can say howto?

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Delphi CE expired license
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 01:12:31 pm »

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 01:37:11 pm »
Well, you could always go to apply and become a beta tester (which with sufficient credentials will be granted) and subsequently get kicked out of the program because you are the messenger that brings the bad news.... (This never happened to me, but to lot's of others. I simply quit, but have quite a few days on my license - as well as several perpetual licenses that are still honored)

That's not a good representation, though:

In all fairness, you can simply upgrade the community edition or install a new one.

Also note this does not belong on this forum.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 01:41:58 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

krolikbest

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 01:47:00 pm »
@Handoko, yes I've read this and it looks like have to be downloaded new versions even I have already older one.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 02:51:47 am »
In all fairness, you can simply upgrade the community edition or install a new one.

Upgrading is not possible. Two CE versions cannot co-exist on the same system.  You must uninstall and delete the old licence before attempting to install the new version with the new annual licence.

From Marco Cantu: The free license is for one year. You'll be able to get another 1 year license (for the versions that would be current at that point) provided you still comply with the license limitations in the terms of revenues and team size.

The bottom line is that Lazarus/FPC is a better solution for this and many other reasons.

440bx

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 03:51:21 am »
Hello,

like the subject. Yesterday was the very last day of my valid license for Delphi Community Edition. However it would be nice to gain a new one. But how - is the question? There is no or very little infos about that. Maybe one of you did it and can say howto?
Just an idea which will probably not work but, worth a try.  Set the system date back a few days and see if it works again. 
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 08:47:33 am »
The bottom line is that Lazarus/FPC is a better solution for this and many other reasons.
Well, I had no problems. (may be because I still have some credits for years served) If I login and examine my licenses they are all valid.

Anyway, does not have a place on THIS forum...
Specialize a type, not a var.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 10:55:51 am »
Indeed, it is heavily offtopic, and the thread seems to continue, so lock + removal after time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018