Forum > Operating Systems

Assembling errors: bad instruction and size errors.

<< < (2/2)

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: DonaldShimoda on September 03, 2019, 03:10:44 pm ---BTW, I don't believe is a language issue, as Marco pointed is a shortstring usage problem in the assembly chain. The problem is that units is autogenerated and procedure names are really big.

--- End quote ---
It is a natural language issue, because e.g. Spanish or Portuguese, but also under circumstances languages like French, Italian, Dutch or German, are - way - more verbose than English and therefor run out of shortstring space much earlier.
Marco seems to agree with me and understood what I was pointing at.
That also means it is a shortstring issue, but revealed by the issue as I explained.
Not a minor issue, since it requires a string type change in the compiler to be fixed properly.

DonaldShimoda:
If an English speaker named variables and procedures in a very very detailed way... will have the same problem... ::) Not a natural language issue at all.  :D
Let´s concentrate in the real problem.

BTW, can't  test In trunk compiler yet.Will try tomorrow.

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: DonaldShimoda on September 03, 2019, 08:16:12 pm ---If an English speaker named variables and procedures in a very very detailed way... will have the same problem... ::) Not a natural language issue at all.  :D
Let´s concentrate in the real problem.

BTW, can't  test In trunk compiler yet.Will try tomorrow.

--- End quote ---
Well it surfaced it.
I wrote:
"Not a minor issue, since it requires a string type change in the compiler to be fixed properly."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version